Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

V&H Big Shot Duals....baffled???????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009 | 08:53 AM
tibadoe
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Question V&H Big Shot Duals....baffled???????

Anyone have the V&H BSD's on their touring bike and have the standard and/or quiet baffle laying around so maybe you can post a picture(s) of both? I would like to compare them side by side. Had them on my RKC with the standard baffle and love the looks of the pipes but will be too loud for the Ultra. Even with the quiet baffle it will most likely be too loud since it only lowers it about 3 dbl's. So I am thinking of modifying the quiet baffle to help tone it down a bit and adding another quiet baffle from SmartPartz to help it out. Anyone else have any success with this same problem?

Old 08-18-2009 | 10:23 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior

I had the same problem as you with mine on the RKC. It just wears you out after a while. The quiet baffles (here's a pic from Eastern Performance) were better, but still loud. I tried a set of the Big City Thunder QQ baffles and liked them the best (still pretty loud). After my cam swap, I used the BCT's as deep in the pipe as I could get them and cut down the standard baffle enough to fit in behind it. Still really loud. The V&H quiet baffles are about the same length as the standards if that helps you out at all. They might even do better with some heavier packing as the wrap that they come with is pretty light weight.

These pipes were just too loud for my tastes and I think it's just the nature of those Big Shots to be that way. I finally bit the bullet and went with a Fat Cat 2-1 and like it a lot so far. The only other pipe that has me interested is the Supertrapp Supermeg.

Old 08-20-2009 | 06:31 AM
tibadoe
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Anyone try to re-wrap the quiet baffle????