Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H Pro Pipe "Hi-Output" 2 into one

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
1goindiesel
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default V&H Pro Pipe "Hi-Output" 2 into one

http://www.vanceandhines.com/product...ropipeblk.html Anybody using this system? I have Rinehart slip-ons on my stage one 09 SG. I have had great luck in the past getting power from V&H pro pipes but never seen this model before. I had the classic pro pipe on my 103" F Boy and it gave me 13 hp (per memory) over my build and Rinehart dual shortys. My son also has the classic on his stg 1 07 road king. I am looking to switch to this H/O model. Anyone heard or use it? Good power gain? Nice sound? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
jam65
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am interested as well,but still waiting for comparable performance posts or lack there of with the Big Radius 2into1 after 3 years.You will have to wait for dyno gurus to run them for the real answer.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not tried one yet. From what I have been told it is producing more mid range to top end power .

Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master

Well I will let you guys know since I pulled the trigger and ordered. They are in now and I will drop off my 09 SG tomorrow for installation. I already have a dyno sheet for the bike as it is now with stg 1, Rinehart Slip ons and a race tuner. I will have the bike dyno tuned again after install. Stay tuned (pun intended).

Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good looking set of pipes.
Let us know.
How loud also. I'm getting a little tired of the VH Big Radius 2-1. They are too loud on the road for me. Above 2300 RPM
Most wouderful idle though. And no complints about performance.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:22 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master

We have been very happy with the Pro Pipe BP model pipes. I hope that the high output Pro Pipe is an improvement on the BP as it really is a great pipe too. I am not familiar with the Big Radius 2-1 tho...they do look cool.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1goindiesel
Well I will let you guys know since I pulled the trigger and ordered. They are in now and I will drop off my 09 SG tomorrow for installation. I already have a dyno sheet for the bike as it is now with stg 1, Rinehart Slip ons and a race tuner. I will have the bike dyno tuned again after install. Stay tuned (pun intended).
I assume you plan to keep the baffles in correct? Let us know what they put out compared to the Rineharts.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 AM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I first saw this pipe installed on a bike in Daytona this year. I believe it was a 113". I asked the tech if V&H had tried it on a 124" and was told the R&D department was running one as we spoke. I have called V&H several times over the past the past 5 months and have been told everything from yes than dyno'd a 124" and the results aren't available to no, it was not ran on a 124".

Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where was the guy that was taking his to a dyno??

Old 08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
1goindiesel
Road Master

Sorry about the delay guys. Dealer told me this pipe has not even been released for my bike yet??? My dealer gave me back my payment for the pipe, left it on order and will call me when it comes in. I will advise more when it eventually gets here (dealer said they were told should be avail late this month). An interesting side note tho... My son and his buddy both have 07 touring bikes (sons RKC and his friends FLHX). My boy has the Pro Pipe BP 2-1 and his friend has dual Rineharts. They dropped both bikes off with a local dealer for the exact same engine build. Workups include reworked heads, 103" kits, new cams,stronger springs,adjust pushrods, sest, etc. The lions share of any dyno diff's should be the pipe differences. I will post, they are to be ready next Tues 9/1/09. Cool part is all parts and labor including head work is around 2100.00 inc. taxes pd for each bike. From my extensive experience dumping money into my HD motors this sounds like a good bargain.

Quick Reply: V&H Pro Pipe "Hi-Output" 2 into one