Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H Pro Pipe "Hi-Output" 2 into one

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Tilter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update yet?

Old 10-12-2009, 03:46 AM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently put this pipe on my'09 RoadGlide it's all stock right now{except for PC5} doing the build this winter.Pipe looks great, sounds great .Only complaint I have is that it does not have heat shields.I called V&H and they said they wouldnt be offered till early spring.Believe me you'll need heat shields this pipe puts off a ton of heat.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
C-Cat
Tourer

v&h sent me a dyno comparison with the pro pipe off from a stage 1 and the high output was just behind the pro pipe low end and made around 3 hp more peak. it would have been nice to see it on a stout build. i ended up with the boarzilla, didn't want to roll the dice. i've driven a 103 with the pro-pipe bp and it pulled harder on top then my old 103 with the fatcat, but not as good down low. not only that we raced at least 15 times last summer, and it confirmed the seat of the pants test.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:15 AM
boatnut
6th Gear
Default New HO pipe

Hi guys, ordered this pipe for my new Jims 131 install in 01 Road king. It arrived way before motor so I removed the Screamin Eagle slip ons and factory head pipes and installed on my basically stock 88 MM injection motor. No dyno but there was enough difference I could feel it for sure. Has a real nice deep sound, not "tinny" at all. Suspect will sound quite a bit different with new motor lol.... I plan to have new set up dyno tuned so will report here when I get it running....

Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boatnut,

Did you ever get your bike dyno's with the V&H pipe?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 PM
maddog53
Cruiser

Okay guy's, pipe sound great only problem is the head pipes will rust in less than a year and they will NOT warranty it.. The sad part is the pipes looked great on my bike, but i took them off and but my stock head pipes back on with my rush slip ons.
As far as dyno numbers with the pro pipe 74hp & 85tq. engine is stock. The tech who tune my bike was not impressed with the numbers.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maddog, I'm pretty sure this pipe was not designed for an 88/95 cuin Twin Cam. It was designed for a stroker motor, 110"+. I would think this pipe would be hurting you in the low to mid range. If your dealer/mech recommended this pipe for a stock motor then you may want to look for another wrench.

Has anyone ran one of these pipes on a stoker motor? If so, what is your setup, e.g. cams, cuin, compression, etc.

Last edited by gunnert; 01-29-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:17 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gunnert
Maddog, I'm pretty sure this pipe was not designed for an 88/95 cuin Twin Cam. It was designed for a stroker motor, 110"+. I would think this pipe would be hurting you in the low to mid range. If your dealer/mech recommended this pipe for a stock motor then you may want to look for another wrench.

Has anyone ran one of these pipes on a stoker motor? If so, what is your setup, e.g. cams, cuin, compression, etc.
Yep, its possible to over pipe just like its possible to over cam a bike. Do they offer different baffles for the pro pipe to add a little back pressure.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This pipe is not designed to work on stock or near stock bikes. If you put it on a stock motor you're probably doing yourself a disservice and wasting money.

Quote from V&H site: "Designed specifically to address the needs of tuned motors built for high horsepower applications, (hi compression, large displacement, big cams) Pro Pipe Hi-Output is a purpose-built addition to the Pro Pipe family of 2-into-1 exhaust systems. Every aspect of Pro Pipe Hi-Output’s design is singularly focused to yield maximum horsepower by improving the volumetric efficiency of heavily modified engines."

Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM
maddog53
Cruiser

Gunnert,first look on their website at the dyno chart it's a stock bike, and i have 96ci. not an 88ci. I sent an e-mail to V&H and ask them would the pipes work ok on a stock engine and their reply was yes. The problem was not with the performance, the low & med range was good. It was the rust on the head pipes, that is why i remove them. V&H would not warranty them,less than a year old, they don't cover rust. The sad part is the pipes sound great. Plus the tech did not recommend the pipes i wanted them.

Quick Reply: V&H Pro Pipe "Hi-Output" 2 into one