Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Power Trip to JD's Cycle, Part-2...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Power Trip to JD's Cycle, Part-2...

Well I decided to swap out the S&S .585 geardrives that were in the bike for a set of Woods TW9B-G... Here are the results... The first graph is a before and after, SAE results. The second graph is the STD results of after the swap.

As soon as $$$ allows, I'm leaning towards installing a Mikuni-48. We believe the S&S super-G is the cause of the dip early on in the torque curve.

After that it's time for a 4-1/8 bore...

K.

Attached Thumbnails Power Trip to JD's Cycle, Part-2...-bike-and-mower-004.jpg   Power Trip to JD's Cycle, Part-2...-bike-and-mower-005.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With everything I've heard about JD's cycle works and me not living that far away, I might have to swing by and check him out! Numbers are really impressive! That must be a rocket to ride!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer

Originally Posted by red devil
With everything I've heard about JD's cycle works and me not living that far away, I might have to swing by and check him out! Numbers are really impressive! That must be a rocket to ride!
Yeah, as close as you are I wouldn't hesitate to check Dave out. Down Rt.100 to I-78, correct?!?!

The bike is a runner for sure, I'm very happy with it for now. Hopefully work will pick up some soon (GM dealership) to where I can do the carb. swap, and then look forward from there...

K.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave is the man....I got my Baisley heads from him, along with a HPI 55mm throttle body. The t/b is still sitting on my work bench, along with a set of TMAN 590 cams. I'm pulling my Wood's TW6G-7s out. He's been great to deal with, and I'm 1/2 way across the country.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:17 AM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Dave! He's helped me a bunch with my build. Still have a couple issues to work out, but I'm very happy with him! I won't hesitate to use him again!

Mike

Old 07-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Dutch110
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to call these guys and talk about a build on my Bob. With them only being 50 miles up the road it seems like a no brainer.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 AM
NCTURBOS
Tourer

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRZVvUqcp0

Short bike video, nothing special...

K.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

k, man after seeing those charts it look badass. Might be tough to get more out of that without spending some coin. The carb may help throttle response some, but thats a great tq curve for your bike!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer

Originally Posted by BAGGERDSM
k, man after seeing those charts it look badass. Might be tough to get more out of that without spending some coin. The carb may help throttle response some, but thats a great tq curve for your bike!
D., the flat spot in the curve is a dead spot when riding, in any gear!! I've got to cure this issue, which we think is the carb.

As for power & torque, I can't complain one bit!! As a matter of fact I blame Dave for making the mention of... "when you're ready for more HP/TQ, let's just add a 4-1/8 bore to the already 4-1/2 stroke"... So now I can't get that 120cui. value out of my head...

K.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a set of Baisley pro street heads for ya when you are ready to go to 120 ci.......
This way i can move up to the HYBREDS those heads are going to set me back some serious coin.

Quick Reply: Power Trip to JD's Cycle, Part-2...