Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Opinions: Bub 7 2:1 or SuperTrapp 2:1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
elamey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions: Bub 7 2:1 or SuperTrapp 2:1

Looking for quiet performance ( no flames please :-)
Will give up a few HP for a quieter pipe.

100/100 Stage IV 10.3 Compression, was using a T-Header that was intolerable.

Anyone know how much louder teh bub 7 is compared to a supertrapp with 12-15 discs & a closed cap? Anyone know how much power the super trapp would cost compared to the bub 7.

Thanks for any input

Old 06-24-2009, 09:29 PM
schmeg
Cruiser

The Supertrapp believe it or not will give you more power over a broader range of RPM than most or all other pipes and do it quieter. Power doesn't have to be loud. Depending on your build displacement, you will probably need more disks than 14. The pipe comes with 20 and I run all of them on my build. It sounds good and healthy, but not obnoxious. I wouldn't be surprised if you equal the peak HP of the T-Header, and pick up a few more on the low end. I can't comment on the Bub. Generally all 2-1's except the Supermeg are loud. Its also not tunable. I haven't looked back since installing mine last year.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are some damn good performance pipes out there but none can produce the pwoer while keeping the noise down like the Supertrapp. Oh, maybe the LSR Blackhole but that pipe is twice the cost of the Supertrapp 2-1

Old 06-25-2009, 05:16 PM
elamey
Cruiser

Thanks for the help. I was leaning towards the supertrapp as it was but you guys helped me confirm that. The bub 7 no doubt is a great pipe, but since I number 1 was quiet, number 2 was performance and number 3 was black ceremic, Supertrapp was it. I ordered one today. thanks again

Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

I cannot add to this.
All good, and all very true information.
Supertrapp exhausts just plain work. Always.
Scott

Old 06-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a side benefit, with the SuperTrapp SuperMegs you can invest $15.00 for an "open end cap", remove 6 discs, bolt it on and have a bike that barks when you're in the mood!

Old 06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
schmeg
Cruiser

You will be happy.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I run a Bub 2-1 to me its a great looking pipe, and although its loud when I crank, its not bad when cruising..........I will give a tumbsup to supertrapp though great product, finish and sound is cool as well.......

If you quieter you made the right move with supertrapp.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dunno if the Bub 7 performs differently than the Rinehart 2-1 but I will say that Rinehart isnt only one loud ***** it also goes dead flat on the HP line at 4800 RPM! My tuner couldnt coax anything more out of it over 4800 RPM. Its not a mechanical issue as the previous pipes a set of Vance big shot staggereds pulled beyond the 4800 and my bike has a set of 211 cams no less.

The useable power gain was worthwhile by doing the Bub/Rinehart as I dont generally wind the bike over 5,000 RPM. When I do its simply flat.

These mild stage 3 builds are really down on power up here at 6,000 above sea-level. This 95" would probably Dyno at 100/115 down at sea-level. This air hurts us up here. Bad.

Heres the dyno runs showing the Rinehart vs' the Big Shot Staggereds:

I'm convinced that a Supertrapp or D&D would have made more money on the dyno but the look of that Rinehart/Bub is just so right to me that I'm sticking with em. May try dicking around with the baffle this winter at the tuners place and see whats what.

IMO the Bub/Rinehart pipes are just a good looking piece...I guess that makes up a little for not making S-Trapp numbers!

Old 07-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Rinehart 2:1 has a 1 7/8 headpipe as opposed to the 1 3/4 headpipe
on the 2:1 BUB 7.

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
I dunno if the Bub 7 performs differently than the Rinehart 2-1 but I will say that Rinehart isnt only one loud ***** it also goes dead flat on the HP line at 4800 RPM! My tuner couldnt coax anything more out of it over 4800 RPM. Its not a mechanical issue as the previous pipes a set of Vance big shot staggereds pulled beyond the 4800 and my bike has a set of 211 cams no less.

The useable power gain was worthwhile by doing the Bub/Rinehart as I dont generally wind the bike over 5,000 RPM. When I do its simply flat.

These mild stage 3 builds are really down on power up here at 6,000 above sea-level. This 95" would probably Dyno at 100/115 down at sea-level. This air hurts us up here. Bad.

Heres the dyno runs showing the Rinehart vs' the Big Shot Staggereds:

I'm convinced that a Supertrapp or D&D would have made more money on the dyno but the look of that Rinehart/Bub is just so right to me that I'm sticking with em. May try dicking around with the baffle this winter at the tuners place and see whats what.

IMO the Bub/Rinehart pipes are just a good looking piece...I guess that makes up a little for not making S-Trapp numbers!

Quick Reply: Opinions: Bub 7 2:1 or SuperTrapp 2:1