Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Deceleration popping

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:29 PM
dmkraft
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Deceleration popping

I have a 2000 FLHTC with a carb. I have a deceleration popping problem that I can't cure. When I have stock mufflers on it there is no popping, when I have my Fuel Moto Jackpots on it I get popping and gurgling. I am using the factory head pipes which I have removed and reinsalled with new gaskets and Permatex. I use new torca clamps. I have fattened up the low speed jetting, adjusted the idle mixture and tried various sizes of main jet. I have removed and reinstalled the carb thinking the intake may be leaking. Nothing I have done has gotten rid of the problem. I have plug chopped and the mixture is dead on. The bike runs perfectly. Since the Jackpots have the anti-reversion cone could this be causing the problem? I have called them and been told no. Does anyone have any advice?

Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like you have tried most things. I would suggest trying some sealant on the slipons when installing. You may be getting popping on the stock mufflers too but just can't hear it as well. I have some decel popping with the Jackpots as well. I can minmize it but can't make it go away.