Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

08 dyna, sputters at idle and dies out???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 08 dyna, sputters at idle and dies out???

hey yall

ok, well i have an 08 dyna street bob. pipes, stage 1 ac, pcIII(fuel moto maped), tank lift. i had a problem in the past with my bike wanting to die at an idle after a nice long ride, you could feather the throttle and then it would recover and begin to idle at a high pace, like when you first start it.

now this morning on my way to work, 65 degrees (NICE!), and it died at every stop sign or or turn i came to, unless i really give it a good bit of throttle. i rode it all weekend without any issues. i am low on fuel, but have never encountered this problem before with this amount of fuel in the tank. i should have 30 miles to go before i fill her up again.

since i have a two inch tank lift, i think, me coming to a stop or a slow down was sloshing the fuel forward away from the pickup at the rear of the tank. but why can i save the motor from dying if i give it gas?

i just ran an engine diagnostic on it and no codes were thrown. do the codes stay stored in there for a while. because the bike sat for 4 hours before i ran the diagnostics, they should stay till cleared... im about to break down and take it to a dealer. but this no codes i dont know what i should be looking for?!?!?!

do you think the low fuel issue was my problem this morning?