Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

AMSOIL Ea Air filters-dry filter option

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Heath
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMSOIL Ea Air filters-dry filter option

Everyone's familiar with the oil, wasn't sure if all new that they have air filters for many of these bikes as well.
Here's the general page that talks about the filters themselves:
Ea air filters

Here's the page with pics for a better look at a match:
pics

I just installed the Stage 1 kit and have ordered the EaAM25 to give it a whirl.
If any interest, check with me on pricing, these are retail posted on their site.

Heath

Old 04-23-2009, 06:21 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We used them on several bikes all last year was going to use them this year but got a discount on the HD ones due to buying a new bike so we bought case of those. This year.

The only issue we had with the filter was the HD wrench doesn't fit them we had to improvise a little or you need to buy the amsoil wrench for like 2.50.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Heath
Former Sponsor

Are you talking the oil filters? You're right, the wrench doens't quite fit.
Suppose I should post a link to those too. Slipped my mind.
oil filters
Here's the online application guide to find the correct product numbers for your bike.

Last edited by Heath; 04-23-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Heath
Everyone's familiar with the oil, wasn't sure if all new that they have air filters for many of these bikes as well.
Here's the general page that talks about the filters themselves:
Ea air filters

Here's the page with pics for a better look at a match:
pics

I just installed the Stage 1 kit and have ordered the EaAM25 to give it a whirl.
If any interest, check with me on pricing, these are retail posted on their site.

Heath

I used one last year before I went to Doherty power pacc. It is a decent filter but was over $50 and really I could not see an improvement over the K&N filter and the K&N could be bought for less $. It did appear to have better construction than the SE non oil air filter.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Heath
Former Sponsor

They do cost a little. Supposed to be the same performance and air flow as a K&N. Just an option for those who don't want an oiled filter

Old 04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used a Ea air filter on my Dodge Cummins and it worked great while it was new. The vacuum cleaning method does not clean the filter very well. After four cleanings and 40,000 miles, the filter did not flow any more air than my stock filter. The filter looks like the dirt on the pleats have been wet and will not vaccum or blow out with air. I was using a stock airbox so everything was dry. Just another expensive disposible filter unless Amway comes up with another way of cleaning it.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDawg
I used a Ea air filter on my Dodge Cummins and it worked great while it was new. The vacuum cleaning method does not clean the filter very well. After four cleanings and 40,000 miles, the filter did not flow any more air than my stock filter. The filter looks like the dirt on the pleats have been wet and will not vaccum or blow out with air. I was using a stock airbox so everything was dry. Just another expensive disposible filter unless Amway comes up with another way of cleaning it.
I thought the vacuuming was hokey as well. I could not see how that would have done a good job of cleaning.