Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2 into 1 pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
hd2000
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 into 1 pipes

I am looking at buying a 2 into 1 pipe. Which pipe looks the best and sounds good. I'm looking at the rinehart and the thunder header.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:59 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 into 1 pipes

What looks and sounds the best to me is the Supertrapp. But that's just my entirely subjective opinion. It's like asking, "Which is better, red or blue?" Your opinion may be completly differant than mine. The point is, you need to look at and listen to a few for yourself, and then make a decision.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a VERY subjective question....

There are a number of really good ones out there. Some of the newer ones have the advantage of newer technologies....

D&D FatCat, Bassani, Super Trapp, ThunderHeader.

Three things to measure are Looks, Sound, and Performance.

Good Luck!

Old 05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
gary99z28
Intermediate

I just put on Rinehart 2-1 on my softail. I'm not too pleased with the sound. It sounds kind of tinny. Sounds good ot high RPM's though. I personally like the sound of drag pipes. I would try to listen to someone elses before you put up cash.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master

Everyone's opinion and taste is different...I love my Vance and Hines 2-1 Pro Pipe...I love it more everytime I ride my scoot. The quality of the pipes and heatshields is unbelievable. However, like mentioned above, it is a different type of sound, kinda grows on you the more you hear it. All of my riding buddies seem to really like the sound and complement the loudness. I have always been a straight pipe guy, but finally got tired of the loudness on long trips...The 2-1 is a good powerful sound. BTW also got a good seat of the pants power increase. The price is also "right" on the v&H system, usually under $400.00. Just my .02! Good luck with your decision!

Old 05-02-2006, 04:20 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

I have the thunderheader and I love it. As my main HD tech says "They should melt down all other 2 into 1 pipes and make thunderheaders out of them" [8D]

The sound is different, but good. I love the sound. Its a really deep tone.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:55 PM
hd2000
Tourer

I appreciate your opinions and that is what i was looking for. The drag pipes are cool for sound but are killing the performance. Not many people around this area have 2 into 1' s on there bikes so its hard to judge the sound.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:20 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master

ORIGINAL: hd2000

I appreciate your opinions and that is what i was looking for. The drag pipes are cool for sound but are killing the performance. Not many people around this area have 2 into 1' s on there bikes so its hard to judge the sound.
Tru Dat...Not many around here with the 2-1 either. I just tried to remember hearing them in the past and took a chance. Glad the chance paid off. I love mine!

Old 05-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

You can hear the Rineharts 2-1 and look at a dyno sheet at their website www.bubent.com and you can also hear and see dyno runs for the D&D Fatcat 2-1. These two would be my top picks. Good looks and quality chrome. Sorry, but I am not a fan of the Thunderheaders, they look like someone pieced them together. I don't believe you can compare the sound of 2-2's with 2-1's although the sound clip for the Rineharts sounded good to me, however, the guy with the softail above said they sounded tinny. Interesting, I wouldn't think they would have any tinny sound with their end baffle cones, typically I find a tinny sound comes from real hollow pipes with no baffles like the Samson's I 've heard in the past. Good luck, would be interested to know which way you go and how much better the performance is, especially over your big radius on the deuce.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
00glider
Cruiser

Has anybody actually gotten a set of Rinehart 2-into-1 pipes for an '05 and older Dyna?
Has anybody gotten any D&D Fatcats for an '05 and older Dyna?

I've got questions about both that I haven't gotten e-mail answers from these vendors yet. I'm looking for a more "mellow" sound that doesn't rattle or "brat" as much as my SEIIs on a 98" build, and offer plenty of right side ground clearance. I can't stand scraping my SEIIs on the ground any more. That sucks.

On the D&D site, the Fatcat picture for '06 Dyna looks upswept to me like their Boarzilla, and the '95-05 Fatcat picture looks low and horizontal, as if it might be a problem more like 2-2 pipes. Which is it? Also, their Fatcat says it has an optional "big bore baffle" ($89 extra) for 95-107" builds, but the Boarzilla is for 107" and up engines. Anybody? Too loud?

The question about the Rinehart is whether they are actually producing it for <'06 Dynas yet at all. Even Drag Specialties doesn't list them except for Softails, and I don't want to put money down for pipes that won't be delivered.

Pictures on your Dynas of either?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2 into 1 pipes