Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

O2 sensor removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:24 PM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O2 sensor removal

I talked to a lot of people about HD parts and most if not all say their chrome parts are better than aftermarket parts and I find they fit better also.
Yes HD now stands for "hundreds of dollars" not "hundred dollars" like a few years ago.

Still waiting for the sensors, if I don't get them by the weekend I'll just ride with the ones I wired-up.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: O2 sensor removal

After a few decades of buying hundreds of HD and aftermarket parts, I haven't found that to be true in most cases. Kuryakyn has much higher quality parts, as do several other vendors. You just have to shop around.

In more recent years, the HD accessories are improving "slightly", but still have a long way to go. They are far from being considered "high quality". For what ya pay for them, they should be absolutly perfect in every way. They usually aren't.

BTW, right now I own two leather jackets that I've had for several years that have outlasted the HD one I used to have. Best part was... the better jackets cost less than half of the price of the HD one and are MUCH heavier and better made, even with a zip-out liner and built-in neck scarf. Made in the USA, too. Not many HD accessories say that nowadays.

My 2 cents....