Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

I lost my Race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DynoJet seems to have done a good job on the PCV. That's a nice update. Particularly they seem to be really taking advantage of the fact an addon box can add features just not present on the ecm.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by LilBudyWizer
DynoJet seems to have done a good job on the PCV. That's a nice update. Particularly they seem to be really taking advantage of the fact an addon box can add features just not present on the ecm.
They also have a small touchscreen monitor you can mount on your handebars, it allows you to see what throttle position you are at in live dats, engine temp, RPM's, speed, what map you are running at he time, what air fuel your map is requesting, it's really a nice set up. You can also set a deal up on your shift linkage that will sense small movement of the shift lever, it then cuts the throttle and allows you to use clutchless shifts when enabled. I don't know much about the TTS, but i'd look into the PCIII with the add ons.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
There is no insentive for them to lie, unless they lost it.

Harleytuner, I here what your saying and am thinking the same thing myself. We had her bike tuned shortly after we started riding and at the time I really didn't know what a race tuner was and that we didn't get it. We were looking thru the box of parts we got back last weekend. (She wants to put the '1200' back on her sporty cause she doesn't want any one to think its an 883 - thats my girl!) Anyway, it wasn't there [ the race tuner or the 1200 for the air cleaner]. I have read other posts that indicated the dealer may keep them so I am assuming that is what happened in this case.
Ok so I hate to slam the stealer when they don't deserve it. I found it odd that I was missing the race tuner and the air cleaner insert so I went back thru my garage. Found another little box that contained the old A/C, insert and Race Tuner....

Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

yeap. sometimes I put things up really good so I don't lose them, then I can't remember where I put them.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
endress1
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD RACE TUNER (dont have component/module)- 07 ULTRA CLASSIC

HD says they gave it to me last year......

Reply:
I am going through this same issue. I bought mine in 08, with mods already done,and I wasnt aware I had a race tuner until yesterday. I got tired of it running hot and gurgling once and awhile, and finally got the "pinging" sound, like rocks going up into my front fender. Im assuming its a spark knock and running too lean, as my pipes are blue/gold and too hot to ride. I dont hear the pinging til it gets warm and motor is under a load,etc.... Well the problem is I cant adjust anything, cause I didnt receive my module/component, to hook up anything to.. When we plugged in the ECM, it said I have a race tuner, with a code of 159PZ003...My tech said " you have a race tuner on here". Basically saying I have to get a new one, to adjust anything on my bike. I shouldve known when I had a hi-flow air filter and V&H pipes, but I didnt know the module had to be in my bags, or in hand. I was new in 08, and didnt realize it wasnt mounted on the bike, like a Power Commander, etc... Are there anyway around getting another tuner ??? I saw about 20 in one of the techs tool box, and who knows how many other riders and owners have had this happen to them, especially if they dont have the same tech always.. Im severley pissed and dont have $500-$600 min laying around to tune my bike. I also dont want to keep riding it hot and pinging... Thanks in advance for anyone who has help, or been in this spot too... Keep the shiny side up and ride on... Jonah -07 Ultra Classic