Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

SE 103 or 110 upgrade for my 09 Road Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009 | 09:26 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Cycotic
Thanks for all the advice, looks like not many of you agree on the 110, like expected most people tend to go with the 103 with bigger cam. Any input on if the engine runs any hotter than stock, I live in Florida so it is a major concern. Thanks.
My build has a fairly ratical cam (.609) and 10.5.1 compression and seems to run fine.

A good guy in Florida to get in touch with is John at Scooters Performance. He will give advice without putting the hard sell on you. From what I am reading however, you need to have Harey do the kit....

Old 03-11-2009 | 10:28 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

first off lets get one thing streight here about DOC and who he is.....
and no one espeacially Doc is going to put pressure on you to buy products. Doc has been training guys and girls to work on HD engines for yrs as a matter of fact he was MMI head instructor before they screwed him.
He is also one of the most highly trained HD tuners on the planet thats right on the planet. most of the people who use Doc for their builds and tunes come back to him time and time again.
Dan Baisley highly recomends him to a lot of people as bob wood axtell all the major players in the high performance industry know doc.
Doc stand behind his work 100%.

Old 03-11-2009 | 10:30 PM
Cycotic
|
Novice

I noticed at Harley website they offer 103 stage I kit, this one costs $2995.95 and there is a "street legal" 103 stage II kit that is only $899.95, both ending up with same CC's, any idea what the difference between the two are? Doesn't seem to make much sense in getting the more expensive kit. If you go to HD website and type in 09 road glide and click on screeming eagle is shows options for my bike.

Old 03-11-2009 | 10:32 PM
Cycotic
|
Novice

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
first off lets get one thing streight here about DOC and who he is.....
and no one espeacially Doc is going to put pressure on you to buy products. Doc has been training guys and girls to work on HD engines for yrs as a matter of fact he was MMI head instructor before they screwed him.
He is also one of the most highly trained HD tuners on the planet thats right on the planet. most of the people who use Doc for their builds and tunes come back to him time and time again.
Dan Baisley highly recomends him to a lot of people as bob wood axtell all the major players in the high performance industry know doc.
Doc stand behind his work 100%.
I don't live anywhere near PA. so Doc can't help me, sorry.

Old 03-11-2009 | 10:37 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Harley has been doing better with the 10cu engine. With a little work the 110cu motor has been puttin out a lot of power. But yer gonna pay a lot more money for a 110cu than a 103cu motor.
And I would want to be at a dealer was good with the motors.
If you can't git to Doc who is very good.
I like the indy builds like R&R puts out or Randy with Hyperformance, or Scott with Hillside.

Old 03-12-2009 | 03:32 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't live anywhere near PA. so Doc can't help me, sorry.
Doc lives in Florida.

Old 03-12-2009 | 05:33 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I noticed at Harley website they offer 103 stage I kit, this one costs $2995.95 and there is a "street legal" 103 stage II kit that is only $899.95, both ending up with same CC's, any idea what the difference between the two are? Doesn't seem to make much sense in getting the more expensive kit. If you go to HD website and type in 09 road glide and click on screeming eagle is shows options for my bike.
On the more expensive setup you are getting the proven "CVO" addtion (look at what they have done to the 110 CVO's). I went with the lower cost one works well for me and I don't have a heat problem on build no oil cooler and live in Texas.

Old 03-12-2009 | 06:13 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

Hold on just a minute.
If you are willing to pull the engine to go to a 110", then a 117" using Axtell cylinders is certainly a viable option, as the same labor is required, with reliability that is stock-like. No issues with those cylinders.
These engine combo's in touring, or boulevard blaster's, are a lot of fun!
Gob's of power everwhere.

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:17 AM
6 gun
Seasoned HDF Member

Cycotic go to the harley website click on the accessories & apparel
then scroll down to the bottom of the page and, and then in the bottom
right hand corner click on the screamin eagle pro racing parts. DON'T let
Mama catch you or you might get nuttered
I dont recomend SE 258 cams they don't turn on till 75-80 mph

Old 03-12-2009 | 11:35 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

Cycotic

What kind of riding are you planning on doing?
What is your expectation for this motor work?
What is your budget?
Do you do a lot of road trips out of your area?

Quick Reply: SE 103 or 110 upgrade for my 09 Road Glide?