Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Fuel Injected fuel line Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
B.Fighter43
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injected fuel line Problem

I have a 01 FXSTS/I, I recently had a problem with the fuel line hose leaking gas where the hose is connected to one of the fittings the bike is fuel injected and has a lot of pressure on it.
My problem is when I went to the stealer shop to attempt to get a new line I was advised that the line is Now absolete and not offered any longer. I attempted ask the parts person as to how they would fix any harley that was brought in for repair with the same problem at which he could not explain as to how they would deal with it period.
I even went as for as to ask if could I buy a new line with both fittings on them my parts book number is 62190-01 .
I was sent to the service department where i attempted to explain the whole story of again to the service manger as to what I was advised of the fuel line.
To shortening the story I eventually spoke with a service tect and we just used a couple of line compression fittings and use their crimping machine which solved the problem.
I personally attemped to use a small hose clamp at first but due to the pressure it still leaked,
I know that many harleys use the same fuel line setup as mine and find it hard to belive that this item is now obsolete.
I went to a swap meet in Illinois and bought a brand new still in the package braided efi fuel line part#(63020-04) for 15.00 but the date on it is 03 so I just thought I would share this information with all in case they are really obsolete through Stealer Davidson or Not. GoodLuck