Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Dyno tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
guitarbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tune ?

Hello, i emailed my local Dyno tune shop with the specs on my 2001 low rider for a ball park price on a Dyno Tune he replied back $295.00 and said if it had a Ing Mod would be an extra $100 ? It has a stock CV Harley carb , what is a Ign mod ? Is he referring to something that would be on a EFI ? Also when they say Dyno tuned does it include any re-jetting or parts or just turning an idle screw or adjusting anything that needs adjusting ?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Technically a dyno tune should be a comple jetting and timing tune. The tune should go over all the circuts on the carb and adjust as needed. Then after that if the baffle is tunalble, play with that and jet accordingly. Next would be ignition and a final jet check.

Not sure what ignition mod would be a $100 for a carb though. the S/e and DTT and all other aftermarket ignitions are way more than that. I would ask him what their procedure is?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
guitarbug
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BAGGERDSM
Technically a dyno tune should be a comple jetting and timing tune. The tune should go over all the circuts on the carb and adjust as needed. Then after that if the baffle is tunalble, play with that and jet accordingly. Next would be ignition and a final jet check.

Not sure what ignition mod would be a $100 for a carb though. the S/e and DTT and all other aftermarket ignitions are way more than that. I would ask him what their procedure is?
Thanks! Here is what he replied:

The price includes all rejetting and dyno work but not the jet kit.The jet kit runs about $75.I just asked `cause some people have a aftermarket ign. module like a DTT or CRANE.............

I don't know why i want this done, the bike is actually running fine. I just hear and read this stuff then i cannot stop thinking about it until i get it done, lol... Did have a few carb farts that i posted about in another thread, but not that frequent.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

If it aint broke, don't fix it. If it runs good, don't foul plugs, don't ping, and you are happy with the way it runs. Save yer money. If you are doing more mods then tune it afterwards. There are lots of dynos out there but you are at the mercy of the guy doin the tune. You could end up worse and wastin your hard earned cash. If you do decide, make sure you pick a tuner that knows his chit, ask around in your area from other people that have had dyno tuning. See who they went to and if they are happy. good luck!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 103Eagle
If it aint broke, don't fix it. If it runs good, don't foul plugs, don't ping, and you are happy with the way it runs. Save yer money.
Unless you are doing at least a Stage 1 you are wasting your $$ IMO

Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
guitarbug
Cruiser

Think i will pull the plugs tomorrow just to check them out and maybe do my risers instead this time, thanks!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

I also did some work on my bike last year didn't get a dyno done and was iffy about getting one done. The bike runs great and the plugs look fine after several 10K on them, I'm holding off on the dyno and adding little extras else where.