Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H BS stgrd Vs. Samson Legend Slashers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:24 AM
LowBoy08
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question V&H BS stgrd Vs. Samson Legend Slashers

Can't decide betwin V&H BigShot Stagered & Samson Legend Slashers fro my 08 FXSTC.
Both got the look i'm looking for but never heard either one.... I'm presently running S&S
tapered slip-ons, they sound great at idle (loud but still OK, woul'd like anything louder..) but sound get's to "crispy/hi pitch" as soon I hit the throttle.(to my likes anyways...)

Betwin the V&H and the Samson, witch one has the deepest tone ? & do they both accept baffles of other makes as that to can make a difference as I understand.(my S&S have no removable baffles)
Discussing how this or that exhaust sound's sitting in front of a PC is kind of touchy, but with 3 ft. of snow out here it's kind of hard to find a monday night gathering to hear & compare by myself !.........

!*&*!/"*)(?)*?!! Why wasn't I born somewhere I could ride 12 months a year ????????

Thank's for your inputs..........

Old 01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

VH BSS do accept other baffles. Do a youtube search and you will clearly hear the diff VH BSS with and without VH quiet baffles installed. fwiw - I am about 90% sure I will add the quiet baffles to my BSS.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just took a set of Samson,Rip Saws off my bike because they don't use baffles and were way too loud for me. Aside from that they were very good quality and the bike ran great with them. So I like Samsons,but...
The Big Shot Staggered would be my choice between what you are looking at. They will perform better because of their power chamber. This is almost like running a 2 into 1 system, which is considered the best choice for overall performance.
I was going to go with the BSS myself , but decided to go with the 2 into 1 Fat Cat, to try something different.
Tom

Old 01-10-2009, 03:09 PM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

Big Shot Staggered with the quiet baffles sound awesome! Nice deep rich tone and no rattle! They are loud despite the quiet baffle name.

m.a.c.