Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

True dual pipe verses factory pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

If you are talking about non dresser type exhaust, softail etc there is no benefit to removing the crossover except to change the head pipes for a specific reason, dia ,length so forth even then putting a crossover back on would be a plus. However the FLH style is different because of the split exhaust on the rear cylinder , this makes the exhaust different and now you are not comparing apples to apples, however if you were to build a exhaust that had no split rear cylinder headpipe the crossover now makes sense again. Or if you can stand the look (I love it)go 2-1 and this is what I believe to be the best all around performing exhaust for the reasons you have already listed.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
jlcoveny
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual Kit

Beware of Torres Cycle Concepts!!!!
I ordered a true dual kit from them back in July '08 and have yet to receive it or my money back..I've called them several times and also e-mailed them----every time it was a different story..I now have the Attorney General of New York and California trying to get my money back...Now I realize that I should have just gone with the inexpensive Fullsac Kit..Live & Learn-----Learn & Live

Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM
DollarBill
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im very happy with my cobra's 1 pc heat shield large Dia. no complaints

Old 01-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

In the American Rider mag. June of 05 issue i think, they had a dyno compare between the Rineharts tru dual and the Fatcat and the Roadrage, the Rineharts did very well and was real close to the Fatcat but the Cat one out buy just a little, the cat had more low end tq but the Rineharts came back pretty strong, the bottom line is the Rineharts are most likely the best tru dual system or the Bub 7s and the Fatcat is the best or one of the best 2 in 1 pipe on the market, the Fatcat is very well made, quality pipe and awesome welds.
PhilM might chew me out but for the life of me I don't think that I will be able to get use to the naked side without tru duals, (sorry Phil ).