Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

New jugs for the mistress.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:22 PM
1711tab
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecyclecom
We sure have seen quite a few cranks that are buggered.
We send the T/C's to Hoban. All pre-T/C's are done in-house.
As far as "gimmicks", when it comes to cylinder head work, what we know here, has come from flow testing data, and dyno tuning information.
Cheers,
Scott

That's what you've been telling me for 3+ years... No gimmicks just plain ole hard work with returning customers due to your honesty... IMHO ...

Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Been to the Bib Boyz web sight, punching in numbers and came up with 185 ccp IF the SE head gaskets I ordered are .045, the same #'s that bwickes posted. Now if I went with .040 it goes to 187 and .030 to a 192. Would a 2 to 7 ccp make that much differance? Went with a larger intake, (1.880"), would a .040 or a .030 put the head to close?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

Tim all the cranks that go to Hobans are not bad... some go there to be welded and plugged because that is what the builder and customer wants.
Did you come over to Bait me as usually tim ??
why is it your posts are always so negative when some one does not agree with the way R&R does it...
Scotty does not need your help and he for sure does not need your negative publicity.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:35 PM
1711tab
Advanced

Originally Posted by I CUT 1
Been to the Bib Boyz web sight, punching in numbers and came up with 185 ccp IF the SE head gaskets I ordered are .045, the same #'s that bwickes posted. Now if I went with .040 it goes to 187 and .030 to a 192. Would a 2 to 7 ccp make that much differance? Went with a larger intake, (1.880"), would a .040 or a .030 put the head to close?

Yes it makes a difference, you need to make sure you don't end up with a ping master...
Compression can be a great friend or your worst enemy...

The larger intake won't work if your heads aren't machined to except that larger intake...

Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
1711tab
Advanced

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
Tim all the cranks that go to Hobans are not bad... some go there to be welded and plugged because that is what the builder and customer wants.
Did you come over to Bait me as usually tim ?? (NO AS A MATTER OF FACT I JOINED THIS FORUM BEFORE YOU DID... FACT NOT FICTION...)
why is it your posts are always so negative when some one does not agree with the way R&R does it... (GEORGE THIS IS A UNCALLED FOR STATEMENT BUT IT'S TIPICAL OF YOUR POSTS)
Scotty does not need your help and he for sure does not need your negative publicity.

George no negativity from me only the facts... My posts weren't about R&R CYCLES now were they??? Unless you didn't read what I wrote... I never stated all the cranks were bad...

Most of the cranks sent to Hoban's (per John I just called him) are out of what he called spec... Even BRAND NEW CRANKS, Hoban's rebuilds them to bring them back into acceptable tolerances...

I'm not baiting you, why would you make a statement like that??? Surely not, only correcting your misconception as to the issue of whether cranks are bad or not and if it's BS...

Scott doesn't need anyones help and that's just what I stated... (including yours) ...

I wasn't the one who out right condemned with negative print about the sponsors that was your post... Reread my post as it captured your negitive comments for you to see and read...

PER YOUR OWN WORDS [now getting into the better head theory every sponsor on this forum will have some gimmick as to why their heads are better. its all a good infomercial.] QUOTED AND WRITTEN BY YOU

Happy New Year To You George... I hope 2009 treats you better than 2008 did...

Last edited by 1711tab; 12-30-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1711tab
george no negativity from me only the facts... My posts weren't about r&r cycles now were they??? Unless you didn't read what i wrote... I never stated all the cranks were bad...

Most of the cranks sent to hoban's (per john i just called him) are out of what he called spec... Even brand new cranks, hoban's rebuilds them to bring them back into acceptable tolerances...

I'm not baiting you, why would you make a statement like that??? Surely not, only correcting your misconception as to the issue of whether cranks are bad or not and if it's bs...

Scott doesn't need anyones help and that's just what i stated... (including yours) ...

I wasn't the one who out right condemned with negative print about the sponsors that was your post... Reread my post as it captured your negitive comments for you to see and read...

Per your own words [now getting into the better head theory every sponsor on this forum will have some gimmick as to why their heads are better. Its all a good infomercial.] quoted and written by you

happy new year to you george... I hope 2009 treats you better than 2008 did...

happy new year tim

Old 12-30-2008, 04:46 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1711tab
Yes it makes a difference, you need to make sure you don't end up with a ping master...
Compression can be a great friend or your worst enemy...

The larger intake won't work if your heads aren't machined to except that larger intake...
Thanks for the answer, I THINK!!!! BTW, any dummy can make a larger valve go in a smaller hole with big enough hammer.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

have a happy new year every one.

Last edited by SEDELUXE; 12-30-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:16 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be interested to know how this build went?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

It went very smoothly. I got it back together Wed. morning, road some that day and Thur. too. Power is very nice, engine has a nice hit to it also. The new clutch spring is a bit stiff but I'll get use to it. I did add a set of SE bee hive valve springs at the last minute in case i wanted to go with a bigger cam. One thing that I think I'd do different if to do it all over would be to go with the SE race tuner rather than the PC3. Mainly because of the way it has to be installed, it's a bear to put in. But local dealer sold me a PC3 for $285 and the SE tuner was going to be $470. Another forum member sent a map to use untill I can get my own tune and dyno run, and every tuner around here says wait untill I have 300 to 500 miles before tune and dyno is done, so it's going to be a bit before that happons. Hope to get some good numbers from the dyno, but numbers wont hold the light to the smile you'll get from the sound and power from using that power where it's ment to be, ON THE ROAD!!

Quick Reply: New jugs for the mistress.