Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

JESUS I need help from someone who knows

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 AM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a guy named doc somewhere in florida, hdmd tuning. i"ll pm you his phone number. did chris sell you your parts??? he usualy pushes s&s heads and flywheels with you combo.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 AM
bwickes
Cruiser
Default not enough info

What year is your bike?

The toque curve does not look bad for you component parts. As others have said, the S&S570 woiuld come on lower and the exhaust is not the best for torque. As side note, I hope you did not go to the expense of a gear drive set-up on a late model silent chain bike.

Connect a computer to that PCIII and check to see if it is an advanced map. Don't guess. Did he run the sniffer up both pipes or one pipe?

As for tuners, Doc is in Florida. One of the best in the country. If I was that close I would go to him.

B

Old 12-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same thing after my build. I put 2-1 pipe on and it cured everything.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:37 AM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

that bike is not tuned ....give doc a call orcall Dave at JD's cycleworks at 610-297-0321 he was trained by doc also seee if he has a map around close to that build.
G

Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 AM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

give the guys at gator hd a call doc trained a few of those guys...

Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by bwickes
What year is your bike?

The toque curve does not look bad for you component parts. As others have said, the S&S570 woiuld come on lower and the exhaust is not the best for torque. As side note, I hope you did not go to the expense of a gear drive set-up on a late model silent chain bike.

Connect a computer to that PCIII and check to see if it is an advanced map. Don't guess. Did he run the sniffer up both pipes or one pipe?

As for tuners, Doc is in Florida. One of the best in the country. If I was that close I would go to him.

B
It's a 07 FLHX. I know the exhaust hurt the build more than it helped. Believe it or not the bolts really helped a lot. I have a lot of low end power now and i believe with the right tune it will be much better.

Im here to tell everyone that if your thinking on buying Harleys heads...DON'T . The pro performer heads are bull s h i t. If your building a dragster your good to go. Other than that I don't have a clue what the manufacture had in mind for touring. Im not saying all harley shops don't know what their doing, but most don't. this one here don't have a clue. The manager of the shop just built a 110 off a FLHX and strapped yet another set of pro performer heads on it. I hear it still don't perform like thay thought. Wonder why !!!! lol

I would be willing to bet if i got red of the heads and had my old ones reworked and get the right cam in that I would be way better off.

As for letting the dynojet guy do any of my build....no way. He tried to talk me into another throttle body and S&S heads. I was like yea right, you cant even tune my bike dude.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:26 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

when you get some extra coin and want to get the most out of those heads i hear Dan Baisley does wonders with those new heads.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Yep he was the guy. He set my idle down to far and the engine ran green bad. I ask him to reset it and he said it would run best at that setting. I told him to change it anyway and he said I would have to get to the back of the line. Your right about his maping also. I can tell the differance in the plugs. I wasn't impressed at all in his work and he did the dyno exactly as you said.

I wouldn't send anyone to him. Now the question is this. Who that is good, that I can take my bike to to get a REAL dyno done the right way ? We're in Pensacola florida. You can't get the harley shop to tune anything worth a crap.
Most EFI tuners, that we know, take 3-5 hrs to bring a bike around.
We can spend almost that amount time on a carb tune, here.
Scott

Old 12-29-2008, 06:19 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hillsidecyclecom
Most EFI tuners, that we know, take 3-5 hrs to bring a bike around.
We can spend almost that amount time on a carb tune, here.
Scott
Well the first thing was, I ask him to save the old map to disk . He said he would. He didn't. Then he said he could build a much better map than Harley did. I was getting a lot of valve clatter when i rolled back the throttle with the harley map. Detination I suppose . So he puts my bike on the dyno and 20 min later he said he was finished. He had my bike idled way low. I ask him to set it back and he told me i would have to wait. I told him again to set it back now that I told him when the bike was on the rack and it was his fault he didn't. I didn't like the dyno either and I was telling him he was going to have to do something else, he started telling me it was my throttle body and I needed new S&S heads. I was like WAIT ! Just set my bike to the map that was on it and he told me he erased it in order to put the new one on it. I then told him I was going to call his boss and I drove off. I did call his boss and they told me each dyno was a separate entity and all he could do was call but couldn't force the guy to re dyno the bike or pay for the old mapping so I got nowhere on that. Lesson learned.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:51 AM
tobyhd1
Tourer

You had a very bad experience!To say the least.We need to keep people away from this dude!He can`t tune so you need Model specific heads? C`mon.I would have knocked the***cker out right there or called the cops cause you got robbed.Get yourself a good 2:1 and throw the bike on a trailer and take it to someone who knows what they`re doing.Hillside may be able to put you in touch with someone.That bike should not been pulled from the table til it was the way you wanted it.How much money did you give this guy?It doesn`t sit right with me when people do sub-standard work.Good Luck bro and find someone reputable that will stand behind there work.Toby

Quick Reply: JESUS I need help from someone who knows