Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

118ft Lb Torque

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Lefthandedss
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 118ft Lb Torque

Ok i was going the 103 S&S upgrade on my 96 cube Cross Bones, but now im onto the "110 Pro race Kit" which uses the New MVA Heads, the HD Specs give 122 Hp and a whopping 118Ft Lb Torque.

Can anybody can help me understand torque??? and can you explain it to me in simple terms how it's measured and what it feels like, and how it goes with horse power,

And up against a Jap bike lets say a Hybussa will my Bike match it will this much HP and Torque.

It may sound dumb but the bike is still not even in Australia yet, it does not arrive until Feb 2009 around 7 weeks away, but i have already orderd all my parts and im just about to oder this 110 Pro race kit.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:45 AM
DADAWG
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hp will be a lot less than a busa . i dont think the jap bikes run as high of torque , they rely on rpms and hp so you should be respectable on torque.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

You won't come close to a busa, or most sport bikes for that matter. But it will be fast for that matter. IF you want busa size power get a busa....

Old 12-20-2008, 09:58 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Harley's are designed for cruising and touring, not racing. If you build up your Cross Bones, it will be faster then the average Harley, but it will never be any competition to a road racing style, metric. They are two completely different designed bikes. The crotch rockets are designed for handling and going fast, with no regard for comfort. Harley's are designed to get you from point A to point B in style and comfort.
Tom

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Lefthandedss
6th Gear

i get the point of the Harley being designed as a cruiser but i would like mine to be fast and beat the japa's also, not around corners just in a straight line, and respect to everybody who does want to just put around on thier own bikes, but i have mates who are running the 113 S&S MOTORS and a few with up grades 103 S&S , everybodys going pretty hard, this is why im going this 110 pro race kit, the guy assures me it will be up with the 113 S&S and thats what i want, we all ride motor cross together and things get pretty competitive and this is not diferent.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM
DADAWG
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lefthandedss
i get the point of the Harley being designed as a cruiser but i would like mine to be fast and beat the japa's also, not around corners just in a straight line, and respect to everybody who does want to just put around on thier own bikes, but i have mates who are running the 113 S&S MOTORS and a few with up grades 103 S&S , everybodys going pretty hard, this is why im going this 110 pro race kit, the guy assures me it will be up with the 113 S&S and thats what i want, we all ride motor cross together and things get pretty competitive and this is not diferent.
you are not gonna get a 110 v twin to run with a busa without spending a ton of money along with a turbo ,nitrous or supercharger. a lightly modified busa will push 200 mph topend.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:54 AM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
Harley's are designed for cruising and touring, not racing. If you build up your Cross Bones, it will be faster then the average Harley, but it will never be any competition to a road racing style, metric. They are two completely different designed bikes. The crotch rockets are designed for handling and going fast, with no regard for comfort. Harley's are designed to get you from point A to point B in style and comfort.
Tom
Tmitch...well said. My god to I love my Harley and my sport bike as well but I don't get trying to make these bikes fast, handle and at such a cost. Ride the $hit out of it and just have fun. Want HP, Handling and the like...Harley is not going to do it for you...just my opinion.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agree 100%.
When you look at the Tack on some of these Metrics and it goes to 12-14K and the thing weighs about 425 lbs it will outrun almost any streetable Harley.
I think the Busa has about 200 HP.
It's just an Apple to Harley's Orange.
One time I was goint to San Antone and a couple of Metrics came along and they liked running next to my bike. More to listen to they said. They were almost crippled when we got back, 600 miles on those things, gotta be young.

Last edited by Old Gunny; 12-20-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

a busa no way...
you will need 140/140 to run with the 600's.
that is until the first turn or about 130 mph what ever comes first.

those bikes do what they do very well.....

Old 12-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Lefthandedss
6th Gear

I also want to ride the sht out of it but when i pull back on the gas i want the thing to respond, the stock hogs dont do it for me they may be you guys cups of tea but not mine, and i dont want a jap bikes so it's a harley for me.

And Maybe after i blow up a few motors and turn 50 i could very well slow the pace down but for now it's full speed ahead.

url8 i understand everybodys different thats what make the world go round, im happy you like to cruise thats sweet, but not me man.

i have a fast car i want it faster i have no doubt im building a fast bike and i just wanted to know how it will stand up against the bussa, now i know, thanks for the info so far.

Do any of you guys understand ft lb torque and know how to explain it, i have read the mean and goggled it but it went on about tightening up nuts on bolts.

DADAWG, ok the bussa will do 200mhp i dont want to do that, this bikes going to have 20inch ape hangers, burleigh bars with solid mount risers,
i just want the low down taking off power to kick the jap bikes, not the breaking the land speed record, if i cant do that so be it.

Here is the order
110 CUBIC INCHES
A great performance package that has it all combined into
one kit. This kit provides exceptional performance upgrades
that are track proven. This kit include our precision honed
big bore 4.00 diameter cylinders with high compression
10.5:1 forged aluminum pistons, a set of high lift, long duration
SE260 cams, our new CNC Ported Maximum Velocity
Area (MVA’s) Heads with 2.125 diameter intake valves, and
perfect fit pushrods. Heads are machined to accept automatic

compression releases
To get the air to the heads you need a big bore throttle body. This kit
includes our 58mm throttle body, along with large fuel injectors

other mods

21inch front wheel spoked nothing flash same style as the rear, in black
beefed up brakes
extended forward controls removing the boards
20 inch apes with black cables nothing braided
Le pera seat single, i forget the modle but it's low and hard
new rear suspention adjustable, also low
bullet indercaters, front and rear
2 into 2 pipes short as, im hoping a set of vance and hines but i want them to be wrapped,so i may go another brand.

Last edited by Lefthandedss; 12-20-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply: 118ft Lb Torque