Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Rush slip ons or SEII

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:29 PM
milz
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush slip ons or SEII

I posted this in another threead and didnt get any response to this portion of the question so here it goes again.
I came across a pair of Rush Slip on on ebay that I got for $80, Upon arrival I have determined that they are actually. HD SEII Slip on's (pn 64903-00, containing 2 of 64910-99's)
There isn't a whole lot of info available but there is one post with a guy who put these on a 2007 RK with no problem. The only reason I bought them in the first place was that I knew that on the Rush I could change the packs and tune the sound to my liking, not to mention a great price.

My goal is for a throatier sound, not too loud where I cant hear my radio or talk to my passenger. The Rush with the 1.75" seamed to be what I was looking for. I am not sure about these, can anyone give me some advice? If they arent going to fit my requirements I will either get a refund or sell them. Will they be too loud?

Also, they didnt come with any hardware, will I need clamps, gaskets, other hardware?

Old 11-28-2008, 04:55 PM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i`m not sure of your ?? i`m still stock. but that was a good $$$ ahould be louder than stock

Old 11-28-2008, 04:57 PM
milz
2nd Gear

1- How loud are these on a scale of 1-10. 1 being Stock and 10 being no pipes?
2- Do I need any additional hardware to put these on.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:29 PM
bdavis385
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put Rush 1.75 on my 07 Heritage Classic. They are quite a bit louder than stock. If stock is a one, I would say the Rush are 6-7. They are quieter when you cruise, and really bark when you put the throttle to it. I would highly suggest new clamps, I had continuing problem with a very small leak until I went with new clamps, at something like $7 it really is a no brainer. Would not trade my Rush pipes for anything.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:13 PM
drhooligan
Tourer

I've got a pair of Rush 2.0s on an 07 Dyna and love them, just the right sound and volume. They have a much deeper, cleaner sound than the Cycle Shacks they replaced. Execllent fit and finish. Thougth about Rineharts until I saw the $400+ price tag.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:00 AM
splitting_lanes
Tourer

Try them out, you can install them by re-using your stock clamps

They have a deeper sound....

Old 11-29-2008, 10:56 AM
spikehyre
Road Master

Try the Rush you will like them. I would run a small bead of hi=temp copper inside the muffler before you slide them on. That should eliminate any leakage around the clamps....and use new clamps.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:31 AM
F117ewo
Cruiser

If the stock pipes are a 1, I would rate the SEIIs at a 3 or 4. They are not loud, but definitely make the bike sound more like a Harley than a sewing machine. I went a step further and drilled the baffles out. The SEIIs have rows and rows of holes, which I gradually drilled out to a larger size. It helped the sound a lot. That got me up to a 5 or 6. My final change was to install Big City Thunder baffles. I'm right at a solid 8 right now. They are loud, but not too bad on the highway. I wear ear plugs too. They sound better with the plugs in, go figure.

Jake

Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

You don't need any additional hardware to install them. The stock clamps have been real good to me over very many uses, at least a half-dozen. I say re-use them until they stretch so much the block between them where they bolt together runs out of free space.

I don't have an opinion on the SEIIs. I know that after a couple days on my '07 when new was all I could take and looked up the mufflers on H-D's website. When I went in for my 1k after the first week I asked for a pair at the counter. The parts guy said they didn't make them anymore. I said I'd just seen them on the website so he looked them up and said "oh, those. You won't like them and we're not going to carry them. We have some Rush mufflers you'll like a lot better." I picked up a pair of the 2" and have loved them for about 20k miles now.

I know everyone says you'll not have to address any fueling issues with just the slip-ons, but I didn't like some aspects of the way the bike ran that way so I went ahead and got a "stage 1" type of airbox and a Power Commander to change the fueling. I ran that way for about 15k miles and finally moved up to a TTS tuner. The bike has never run better and I would say just get the TTS from the get-go. You will be satisfied.