Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Has Anybody Done Srceam'n eagle 113"

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008 | 08:32 PM
goblish
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anybody Done Srceam'n eagle 113"

Hi I will be picking up my 09 Fatboy on saturday and I have talked to my dealer about a 113" motor, but the problem is they have never done one on a new fatboy so they don't know what to expect for numbers. I don't know if I want to spend that kind money and not know where i'm at for numbers. So my question is has anyone done one of these motors and were you happy with the turn out. Or should I just go a whole different route. I currently have a 08' Fatboy with a hemi-design 103" done to it and it puts out 101hp and 103tq. I am happy with that but my wife is taking that bike and now I want a little more. And also what kind of exaust you guys are all running. I have V&H big shots long and so will the new bike(just like the look & sound).Any advice on the scream' eagle 113" or other set ups would be geat.

Old 10-15-2008 | 09:30 AM
SuperAhcmed
Banned

If you seriously want more don't go the SE route. Do a ground up engine build. Think big bore axtell cylinder kit, bc gerolomy intake, reworked engine case with a timken bearing conversion, good set of performance cams by Woods or similiar etc. etc. http://www.emcv2.com http://www.cyclerama.com http://nrhsperformance.com http://www.bcheads.com Here are a few links to get you started.

Old 10-15-2008 | 10:33 AM
HogGlider
Tourer

I am actually waiting on the same 113 build for my 07 Super Glide. The bike is currently awaiting an insurance check from an accident to get repairs started, however I have talked with my parts manager about the SE 113 kit. For the price, yes it is a bit higher than piecing together something else, but the SE kit is complete. The price is pretty reasonable when you consider that the MOCO has put all of the parts together to make the most reliable power. The 113 kit also includes a set of the new SE MCR (I think thats what they are called) heads with sizeable valves and great valve springs...these heads alone are about $1400. To top it off they even match up a set of cams for the motor, you can use them, or sell them and go with another. If you talk to your dealer they may work with you a bit on the pricing as most usually will.

If you want to keep it all HD as some people wish to, these motor kits are a good way to go. I am not a big fanatic of some of their stuff, but this kit just makes it easy to spend the money with a place that I can trust and get all I need.

Old 10-15-2008 | 12:33 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

gob and hog,i would ask service rep if they deal with outside performance dealers.At las vegas HD,they send the heads to tmanperformance and uses their cams.they also vouch for their work.Also check with headquarters,i have my friends 09 SE 110 road glide and got smoked by a street glide with an HQ 95" sport touring package.
The dealer will try and push SE products all day long,dont get me wrong some are good and others fall short of performance compared to others,mainly the cams and the heads!
LVHD got tired of people bringing their bikes back because their expectations weren't met with the SE builds, thats why they use tman for better performance.
Dont rush it,do some web searching then decide,also dont let the sevice guy bulldog you towards se packages.Youll end up with a garage full of engine parts.

gob,look into getting a 2:1 pipe like D&D fatcat or thunderheader,that would give that 103 a lil more umph!
Good luck on your builds and post back when their done!

Old 10-15-2008 | 01:21 PM
HogGlider
Tourer

My dealer has always been pretty open about other performance shops for parts. I have a place locally that has done a number of heads for some of the dealer's custom bikes and they have shown some great numbers. I can pick up a set of ported and polished heads, with oversized valves and high lift springs for around $800.

I have looked into the Headquarters parts also, and I was somewhat interested in that as a possibility for my engine build. My main purpose for even tearing into my motor is strictly for changing over to forged pistons to accomodate the addition of a custom turbo build. The increased size is to give a little more kick, but the end result with a turbo on the motor is what I am after to give more power.

Old 10-15-2008 | 07:46 PM
goblish
|
Cruiser

Thanks for the replys. Thats kind of thought about se goodand reliable but the performance may not be there. I quess what I would really like to see is 110-115 in hp and about the same in tq so if anybody knows the best way to go (does'nt have to be the cheapest) just good power and reliable please let me know.Thanks in advance.

Old 10-15-2008 | 08:56 PM
skyhook
Tourer

world class tuning in watertown, mn is an excellent shop...mike roland runs it, he's also the head of kuryakyn's wild things line of performance parts...have seen him get 120 hp from a 103"...if I were in minnesota, that's who I'd be using!

Old 10-16-2008 | 06:39 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts
Default 113"

Our in-house 113" combo's have shown 130/130 with Bob Wood 9B's. Last one was tuned in Mass. 130/130.
Power from up off idle to redline.

Old 10-16-2008 | 09:31 AM
SuperAhcmed
Banned

Originally Posted by goblish
Thanks for the replys. Thats kind of thought about se goodand reliable but the performance may not be there. I quess what I would really like to see is 110-115 in hp and about the same in tq so if anybody knows the best way to go (does'nt have to be the cheapest) just good power and reliable please let me know.Thanks in advance.
I wouldnt even say its necessarily "reliable" either. I've broken down a few SE engines in the past. ALOT of sloppy "out of spec" tolerances throughout the engine.

But if your dealer is willing to give at least a 20% discount(and many dealers do now), it may be a good bang for the buck if your willing to get a few key areas worked on in the engine. Namely the primary side crank bearing(timken conversion) and the cam chest(swap out to gear drive and install the SE/feuling support plate and oil pump)