Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Screaming eagle Stage one kit for EFI

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Big J
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screaming eagle Stage one kit for EFI

Thanks for the response Steve, most appreciated.

As for my brand of tuner, its a SE.

Since this post I scheduled the install of the breather. I have to admit I am a little pissed at the dealer for not suggesting it or permoting it when I asked but, anyway, I will have the kit put on this coming Monday. I'll let you know how it runs when I get it back.

Also, you mentioned the dyno tune, does it really make that much of a difference? Reason I ask is, Im going on a road trip with the bike down to FL. from NY, about 1300 miles each way, I want to get the bike dynoed after the kit is installed but Im not sure that I can get on the schedule within the 4 days after its installed, which is when I leave. In your opinion, how risky is this to do?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:35 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screaming eagle Stage one kit for EFI

J I'm still not sure what tuner you're talking about. Is it the Sream'in Eagle Race Tuner (SERT)? Or maybe the Sream'in Eagle Pro Race Fueler? If in fact you have the SERT, the dyno tune can be the difference between having a motor and having a melted lump of metal. If you have the fueler, that can be tuned without a dyno, but it takes some experience with engine tuning and or time to check/read plugs as you tune it by ear/ride. It's important to know exactly what tuner you have installed. Do you have a part number?

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]