Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Installing v&h quiet baffle set

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 PM
lapua
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Installing v&h quiet baffle set

Hi guys , I had an interesting job today installing a set of V&H quiet baffles on my new V&H Bigshots. Here is "how to" as there is no info on the install from V&H web site ! No good IMHO. As my pipe where already on the bike(HDNT08). STEP ONE. Take off end caps with TORX driver.STEP TWO. Use a larger flat blade screw driver and very good light force the driver into the baffles with a turn and pull action and the old baffle will come out.

STEP THREE. With the new quiet baffles re wrap the fiber cloth tighter and used plastic thin tape,just three positional wraps will do. Now with a 1/8 stiff wire 3' long bend a 90 Deg. angle about 1/2 long poke it into the exhaust screw hole aline the baffle screw hole and push into the exhaust pipe firm but slowly until the wire fines the screw hole on the baffle , then play with it until it alines , replace end caps , point here use org screws on the org screw holes.

I have noticed a reduce tone to the pipes which sound good and a little deeper on my stage one Night Train.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Miami Cruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered the "quiet" baffles for my LONGSHOTS, so I'm looking forward to the deeper rumble also.
Thanks for the info!

Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Baffles in Longshots

When I was home in July I talked to a couple from North Carolina at the local HD dealer. The guy had a set of Longshots on his Softail. I expected it to be pretty loud when he fired up to leave.
IMO, it sounded great...deep and nowhere near offensive. He told me he had popped in the quiet baffles.

CN

Originally Posted by Miami Cruzer
I've ordered the "quiet" baffles for my LONGSHOTS, so I'm looking forward to the deeper rumble also.
Thanks for the info!