Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Compression Releases

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:01 PM
air_marshall
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil, I have the same problem with hard starting and so far haven't been able to get the dealer to fix it. ACR's have been suggested (but of course not by the dealer). You mention it doesn't fix the underlying problem which might be....? Also, do you have any more info on that service bulletin? If the compression ratio you have mentioned is right, my question is why do they not do ACR's with this kit when they have them in other kits with similar or lower compression?

I have a constant problem with kicking back and misfiring and have gone thru 2 starter clutches and a starter so far. Last try the dealer had me remove the V&H Fuelpak, thinking that there was a problem with all the connections under the seat but the problem is still there.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Sheep
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton
CRs should in no way cause a loss in economy or performance for that matter. Something else is going on. If the heads were pulled to drill the holes, betting that something is not right such and intake leak, exhaust leak or some other gremlin, all impacting the tune. Did the dealer say anything about enrichening the tune to aid in hot starts, there is a fuel adder feature for this but maybe they screwed somthing else up? Go back and try to get all the details what they did, did they pull the heads or drill the holes with the heads in place, did they change the tune in any way, any other little "tweaks" they may have done and then maybe we can give a more educated answer.
Heads were pulled, drilled, reinstalled. Period.

Tune was not enriched.

Since the install 39mpg to 35mpg. Additionally the bike is running hot enough to burn your butt. As long as 50mph+ is maintained you are fine. Slow down and temps start creeping over 300F. This is by the LCD dipstick (which I verified as accurate) and confmed by my in dash temperature gauge witht he sensor in the pan.

Something is wrong.