Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

bassani road rage

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
sf657
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bassani road rage

I'm real close to getting new pipes for my 99 flht. Pretty much decided on the black road rage 2 into 1. Any pros or cons I should consider before I order? Also a good supplier would be appreciated. So far I'm going with m and m. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:16 AM
girlslikechef
Tourer

I would like more info on the road rage myself..

Old 08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I do like the road rage, and we are a dealer for them, However they where having some issues with getting pipes package correctly. We had to wait a long time to get all of the correct parts to make a complete pipe, LOL they sent the wrong head pipe first go round, after that was sent back they sent the wrong brackets for the rear section. I was able to mod the rear section for the customer to ride the bike. After 2 months they where able to get the customer the correct rear section. I am glad we are a direct dealer as that would have been a hassle dealing with a thrid party. I was in touch with the owner through out the entire process. I do hope that they have everything cleared up. Previous to that we never had any issues,.. but they have gone through some restructuring from what I was told?? That is any ones guess as to what that really means.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
tootal
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the ceramic coated Road Rages on an old FLHS and loved them. It really woke the engine up. I didn't get the covers as I liked the ceramic look. They were on the loud side with a raspy sound when you backed off the throttle. Sounded great to me but a little much for leaving for work at 6 am!! I ended up making my own baffle and that really helped. Great performance pipe but not really any better than the Supertrapp 2:1 and the Supertrapp is quieter. Those two pipes make nice torque curves. Good choices.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Madpoodle
Cruiser

08 Heritage, 110 kit, RR's on it for what, 3500 miles or so now? LOVE em.. On the dyno, they were worth 8 hp over the SE pipes. Subtle, but distinct sound at idle and when your not getting on it. Once you hit the go juice, it roars..

Heat shields could use to be a bit larger. They do not wrap around as far as I would like, and you can see the blue pipes behind them. Otherwise, no complaints..

Old 08-10-2008, 07:43 PM
skyhook
Tourer

i ran a road rage on an '05 road king...it was a 103 with high compression and a big cam...the pipe was very loud and made great power...might not be so loud on a milder motor

Old 08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I have installed a couple as well. Their black coating leave alot to be desire IMO. The ones I have installed were all properly tuned and the coating baked into a dull rough sandpapery finish after a 1000 miles or so. they also scratch easy. If it were mine, i would have them re-coated before i installed them. the rear headpipe on the baggers comes awful close to the cyls as well.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
jochase1
Novice

I have run D&D fatcat, Supertrapp supermeg, V&H pro-pipe, Rinehart 2-1, Rinehart true duals, Thunderheader, and Bassani Road Rage-
the only keepers are the thunderheader and the Road Rage- which is on my bike now, and will stay on.
This pipe consistently has the best looking torque curve- very wide, starts strong and pulls well throughout the rpm range.
Not nearly as loud as the thunderheader on my motors, very easy on the ears at cruising.
I bought heat shields for mine, but I like them better without- although this winter I think they need to be recoated-
Just my humble opinion-