Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:02 PM
magnoliarunner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals

To All,

Will a Big Bore Stage 2 Kit overcome the torque loss of true duals?
Do the latest true duals on the market effect torque like the old style?
I would like to go to true duals but have heard they hurt torque.
Thanks for all suggestions.

magnoliarunner

Old 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: True Duals

On my bike I had The Rinehart True Duals, I didn't feel much of a low end loss with the stock motor until I did the Cams. Thier was alittle low end loss of TQ but once I got up to 3500RPM it was all good then. After doing the Big Bore & Head work is where I noticed the BIG, BIG low end loss. I was so pissed it was just a flat out dog, I seriously think a stock bike would of walked away from me up to 4000RPM. My Engine Builder/ Dyno WRENCH told me before he ever did anything to my Road King that the Rineharts would rob low end power. Well he was 100% right. I now have a 2-1 Thunderheader and HOLY FREAKIN CRAP, their is no comparison. For low end arm wrenching TQ 2-1 is the only way to go.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh yeah, about the new 2-2 True Duals are they any better ? I don't know? I sure the hell wouldn't waste any more $$$ to find out.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try doing a search for "True Duals" and you will find all sorts of information wether opinons or facts.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i experinced a low end loss on the chopper with a hopped up 113" when i removed the baffles...i took em off...drilled a 3/8" hole on the backside and welded a bolt in...that helped abunch...put in some torque cones next...then it had more bottom end than ever ... the bolt is an old chopper trick to create some backpressure...but lookin at a Big City Thundermonster, they did the same thing but added a washer on the end of the bolt...put your bolt just where the pipe quits discoloring, mine was bout 12" from the head an i couldnt figure out how to weld that washer way up in the pipe that far

Old 03-09-2006, 01:33 AM
sc409
5th Gear

I had a set of screamin eagles duals with a stage one kit on a 04 Road King, stock pistons and heads. I installed an Edelbrock 95" kit with heads and J&E pistons, Jims cams and pushrods, 10.5 comp with the Bassini Duals. HP on the dyno was 103 hp. The bike is much faster, and the low end seems fine, there are plenty of dyno tests on true duals. Unforturnately, they are expensive. I picked the duals to keep the stock look, but I recall the numbers for a 2 into 1 are identical to the true duals. Hope I haven't confused you moe. I wouldn't recommend the Bassini duals if you are going to keep the stock pistons and heads. Waste of money and your lose low end.

Old 03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sc409

I had a set of screamin eagles duals with a stage one kit on a 04 Road King, stock pistons and heads. I installed an Edelbrock 95" kit with heads and J&E pistons, Jims cams and pushrods, 10.5 comp with the Bassini Duals. HP on the dyno was 103 hp. The bike is much faster, and the low end seems fine, there are plenty of dyno tests on true duals. Unforturnately, they are expensive. I picked the duals to keep the stock look, but I recall the numbers for a 2 into 1 are identical to the true duals. Hope I haven't confused you moe. I wouldn't recommend the Bassini duals if you are going to keep the stock pistons and heads. Waste of money and your lose low end.

No freakin way they are identical.[sm=laughat.gif] 103HP WOW not bad, but what about the TQ ? What kinda TQ are you getting and at what RPM? I'd bet if you tried a good 2-1 you'd crap your pants[sm=jawdrop.gif]and never go back.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
streetglide#1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Engine Builder/ Dyno WRENCH told me before he ever did anything to my Road King that the Rineharts would rob low end power. Well he was 100% right. I now have a 2-1 Thunderheader and HOLY FREAKIN CRAP, their is no comparison. For low end arm wrenching TQ 2-1 is the only way to go.
That's good to hear,I have the BUB true duals and have been very disapointed. But the good news is I just got a brand new V & H Pro pipe on ebay for $230. Gimmy back my torque!

Old 03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
sc409
5th Gear

Probably right, can't afford to change back to a 2 in 1, but I still like the looks and sound, thx

Old 03-14-2006, 05:16 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Like the old answer to this on-going question. IMO, 2 to 1 for TQ. True duals for looks! I have a stock RKC and want true duals and been researching almost a year now. Some new true duels on the market that doesn’t loose much TQ. Besides I have my RKC to Cruising not run it at the strip.

Quick Reply: True Duals