Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Exhaust and Dyno Tuning...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust and Dyno Tuning...

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Here is my take on this.

The difference between Stock and Big Shots with quiet baffles will be very noticeable.

The difference between Big Shots with quiet baffles vs without quiet baffles probably won't be as much as you think.

My point is: The biggest difference in sound level is going to be going from stock to Big Shots w/ quiet baffles. I would do that right off the bat and forget trying to make it louder. If you're concerned it may be too loud, it probably will be.

Just my 2 cents.

BZ
I agree with that to a certain point. I have ridden bikes with the screamining eagles and some V&H pipes... They were not obnoxious or anything... Just not sure how i am going to feel about them on an every day basis... I have heard them on another fatboy and they sounded great... But then again, I was not sitting on the bike and dealing with them that way.

Anyone know the actual db listings on this stuff? I know the baffles only drop the pipes about 2-3db from what they are... So does anyone know the db rating for stock and the db rating for the V&H?