Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Samson Sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 05:15 PM
MB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson Sound

Hi guys, a friend of mine just called from Daytona and told me i need to buy Samson Pipes (previosly was leaning towards V&H Big Shot Longs). He indicated in his opinion the Samson Pipes were bar none the loudest and best sounding in his opinion, even when compared to Big Shot Longs (as he INDICATED he had heard these too). Anyone wish to chime in on this as i had previously thought that V&H were louder by opinion of others whom had heard both systems. He indicated the Samsons he had seen/heard were on Harleys with minimal mods (Stage 1 kits only). I'm trying to find a good looking and really loud (rich deep rumble) pipe for my softail deluxe when she comes in. Opinions?? thanks,miles

Old 03-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Samson Sound

Gone thru alot of different pipes here's my take, SE = too quiet, Hooker =ok
Samson = 2 loud Sounded like a flat-bottom boat, currently running VH 2-1 and like em alot.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
00hawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it depends on your definition of loud and great sounding rumble. I have the Samson Street Sweepers on my Sportster and the sound is great as well as the performance. I know picking out a set of pipes is nerve racking sometimes. Good Luck!

Old 03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
igniter
Cruiser

I run Samson Caliber 2 into 1. It sounds awesome for 2:1, deeeep rumble. Loud, yes. Thats the way, uh huh, i like it. heehee.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

MB loud is good but you might loose some torque and HP by going to the Samson pipe but you might install a set of BigCity Thunder Monster baffle's and gain some of that lost torque and HP back, just a thought.

Old 03-09-2005, 03:03 AM
00hawg
Advanced

I have torque cones in my Samson exhaust. No Baffles. Rejetted carb. I also went with a K&N filter. I didn't loose any torque or hp, if fact it is much better.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Yea 00hawg you might be right on a sporty, I know a guy that has a 1200 sporty with street sweepers on and the bike sound's awesome and pull's mid 70's in the hp range and the same for torque but a freind of his put them on a 03 Heritage and the same sound wasn't there and the bike lost some low end torque, the TC88 engine's need some back pressure to run properly and without some sort of baffling device it will loose that, you also will loose the crossover tube that help's scavange the cylinder's of unwanted exhaust. You might be able to install the torque cone's on the TC engine's but what I've heard there not that helpfull as they would be on a evo or a sporty model engine and in a way that in itself is a sort of baffling device or reversion device.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
00hawg
Advanced

Aww Tn.Heritage, that is good to know. That just goes to prove that although the pipes may be the same, they don't perform the same on different bikes. Good to know. Thanks

Old 03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Skullster
Cruiser

I've heard some Samson's on a Fatboy in my HOG Chapter and by far they are the loudest pipes I have heard to date.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Skullster

I've heard some Samson's on a Fatboy in my HOG Chapter and by far they are the loudest pipes I have heard to date.
You know I really like the sound of them so I'm just wondering if you could put in a set of thunder monsters in them to help with performance, I'm pretty sure it will but how much I don't know. That's something I would really like to know for sure.[sm=interesting.gif]

Quick Reply: Samson Sound