Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Stroker Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:30 AM
98kingflh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stroker Help

I’m going to post this question here and under the touring section to see what kind of feed back or answers I can get. I have a fuel injected 98 EVO I want to upgrade and without boring my cases. That leaves building a striker motor. I want to do this as economical as I can (yeah, I know, keep dreaming) Jims and S&S sell kits that work. Does anyone on this forum have experience with building a stroker motor? The kit I am looking at from Jims punches me from the stock 80” to an 89” with 9.5:1 compression without boring. I want this to be as a reliable an engine as it can get so I’m not going for pure performance. Just more power to have fun with the big heavy bike and let me make long runs reliably. I’ll keep this short as I’m sure there are more questions to be worked out. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all who answer. Mike

Old 02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: Stroker Help

Mike, what is done to the motor now, and what sort of riding do you do? What do you want out of it, torque or speed. Two up or single? Have you looked at horsepower gallery or Heavy Duty Cycles?

Old 02-16-2006, 01:17 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I did send you a e-mail back but I will post this as well to others that may be intrested. I offer a bolt on kit that is a new cylinders with a nikasil bore that will take you to 85 inches with no case mods and no stroke. This kit is offered in two comp ratios and you can work from there 9.1 and 10.5. The evo is tough as all kits to get any inches from are a stroker kit , which makes for a large amount of money, and time to get inch as well as the rod angularity gets a bit crazy on a couple of the packages, lowering longevity. This kit offers great bang for your buck, if case boring is ok the 100 inch kit is a fantanstic performer, and you do have to bore the case but you use your stock crank and get VERY stout running evo on a small amount of cash verse's a stroker kit and you are now owning a big cubic inch evo with the hassle of a long stroke

Old 02-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

I am sure that HDWrench will be able to get you moving.

I have attached a site that shows a number of comparisons of different set-ups with different builders with dyno results. If you see what other people have done you will get a better handle on which direction to go.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/hplist00.htm