Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Cam for Stock 96"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008 | 07:22 PM
zzmellio
|
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cam for Stock 96"

Im not out to see how fast I can go from stop light to stop light. I just want a little more pull when riding 2 up and also to cool it down some more. The PCIII has helped alot but I want a little more. At this point in time Im still a little worried about the crank run out issues so I am trying to see if the thing is going to hold together through the warranty, another year and a few months left. That is why I was going to go with SE cam installed by my dealer. I know, I know, I can get a whole lot better cam and an independent wrench will also not charge as much to do the work.

ZZ

Old 04-15-2008 | 07:34 PM
DCRANER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cam for Stock 96"

ORIGINAL: zzmellio

Im not out to see how fast I can go from stop light to stop light. I just want a little more pull when riding 2 up and also to cool it down some more. The PCIII has helped alot but I want a little more. At this point in time Im still a little worried about the crank run out issues so I am trying to see if the thing is going to hold together through the warranty, another year and a few months left. That is why I was going to go with SE cam installed by my dealer. I know, I know, I can get a whole lot better cam and an independent wrench will also not charge as much to do the work.

ZZ
Hey ZZ, I'll repeat what I posted a few replys above. My friend did 204's in his 08 FatBoy, combined with pipes, a/c, and FuelPak. More low end torque, more top end, great lope sound, and I think knocked about 20 degrees heat out.

I plan on this for my 07 FLHRS. Other cams do work, etc., but the SE 204's are nice cams and do work nice in the 96". Ride on.