Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Dan Vance Reference Check

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:25 AM
skulznflames
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dan Vance Reference Check

Have been corresponding with Dan Vance about purchasing heads from him then sent to Australia.

Would like anyones comments on Dan Vance's work & customer service. PM me if you would like to remain annonymous.

So far I cannot praise him enough on his attention to my enquiries but would just like to hear from any customers of his out there who have had work done by him.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 PM
skulznflames
Cruiser
Default RE: Dan Vance Reference Check

Some one must have some feedback for me.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I've been doing this work in this industry for over 3 decades and I never hear of him as a porter......never heard his name mentioned as a porter.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:00 AM
darkdyna06
Tourer

Looks like he does nice work, checked out his web site, and was impressed. You may want to check out GMR performance, Big Boyz heads, Head Quarters, Branch Flowmetrics, Dave Mackie, and the list goes on, and on...

Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 AM
dsvracer
Intermediate

HeyDoc, I also have been in the business for over 30 years, set national drag racing records, won national championship in drag racing, won plenty of national dyno shoot outs and i have never heard of you either. we should get togehter and compare notes. dan vance

Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM
UBOAT
Stage II

RE: Dan Vance
Dan ran D&S Cycles in Columbia, CT for many years. I sold him his building and was one ofthe sponsers for his dragbike driven by Jeff Shaw. In '96/'97 they were national champs in gas.
I have personally stood by his side winning the HP shootout in Daytona more than once. Dan specializes in head work and is quite good at it. I had him do my engine on my brand new 2007 Road King, not caring about the Motor Company's warantee because I know how good his work always is. You will have to do a lot of looking to find anyone any better than Dan.
As to some who claim to have never heard of him, you haven't been around long. Of course neither have I, only 68 years, but only 52 of those years have I been riding on the road.
I hope this helps you make a choice and should you wish to talk to me

direct let me know and I'll give you my phone number.
Peter

Old 04-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey hey hey there, didn't mean to hurt your feelings Dan Vance.....I was just answering a post that sat there for two days untouched, just because I haven't heard of you don't mean I was putting you down. As far as knowing me, I don't much care if you heard of me or not. BTW nice first post from you and your friend there....

Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Dan Vance. What kind of post was that???Not the best way to be respected here....

Maybe explain a bit about your services. What goes into your porting and machining. What cams go best with your heads. What valves and springs do you use. Do your bore cyls as well. Do your have dyno sheets with your builds... What would you do to make the poential customer happy????

Thats all.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Bagger tell him I've been in 6 police line ups and on most wanted twice....I'm suprised he hasn't heard of me....lol..lol..lol, just kidding around there Dan Vance and Peter, breaking the ice a little bit thats all. But I did sleep in a Holiday Express last night.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:44 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats where i know your from Doc...Though it was racing and building but i must be mistaken.....lol

Quick Reply: Dan Vance Reference Check