Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Screwing around with my SERT

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:52 AM
ericsenf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screwing around with my SERT

I've messed around with almost everything else on my bike and can no longer resist. I must at least hookup a computer and my SERT and look at things. I may start playing with the maps. I got a pretty good run down on the SERT and maps from a reputable dyno tech locally. I do plan on taking my bike in for a dyno tune as soon as weather permits an hour ride down/back.

There are some rough spots in my current "break-in" map done with my engine build. I am compelled to screw around with things a bit just for educational sake prior to my dyno tune.

What articles, suggestions, comments, etc can you provide for someone that wants to start playing around with the SERT? Or should I just fight this urge?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Screwing around with my SERT

There really aren't any maps even close to your build in the map data base, the V&H ProPipe (one of my favorite) will have the fuel spiking from lean to rich in the 2000 to 3000rpm and 2% to 20% throttle position drastically already, so be careful what you do.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:53 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Doc nailed the map issue. One thing that you could do ( since you are not taking it to a tuner??) is use a wide band wego and tune the bike your self. The DTT twin scan tuner will allow you to data log the afr's and then make adjustments to the SERT. But if you have not way to really know what the afr is it may be better left to a tuning center.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:30 PM
ericsenf
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HDWRENCH

( since you are not taking it to a tuner??)
I'm absolutely taking it in for a full tune. Jason as Faribault HD will be doing the tune. I've shopped tuners around here over the winter waiting to get my engine break-in done. I just notice a couple of "rough-spots" on my current tune, I'm done (for now) with the rest of the bike so I'm just looking for something else to screw with on the bike before it decides to get warm.

When I get the tune done, is the map of value to post?

Cheers.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Todd T
Tourer

unless your Tuner gives the file to you, you won't have a map to share.

I've tweake on mine withe SOP meter and have been tempted to go out and make some pulls in Data Mode with my notebook on my lap while recording. I dont think it will run on its side in the saddlebag.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 PM
ericsenf
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Todd T

unless your Tuner gives the file to you, you won't have a map to share.
I _will_ get the file. I wouldn't pay for the tune and not get the file... but that's just me.

And based on the weather in St. Paul (snowing now) I will be taking the skoot in for the tune next Friday. I'm really looking forward to seeing the charts.