Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Twin Power EFI Fuel Calibrator-Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 AM
LucklessPedestrian
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Power EFI Fuel Calibrator-Questions

Hello,
Newbie here...just recently bought an 01 Ultra Classic and it has a Twin Power EFI fuel calibrator installed on it, also Ness big sucker air kit and V & H slip ons. I do not have any information on the calibrator, does anyone have any knowledge on this product or could point me in a direction I could gather some information on how to make adjustments or where I can get the information, my searches have turned up zilch, other than online retailers selling the product. The right slip on has the gold tint and figuring it is running lean, would like to make an adjustment if possible. Any help to some additonal info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Luckless

Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
neonhomer
Road Captain
Default RE: Twin Power EFI Fuel Calibrator-Questions

I am not sure what the Twin Power is (if it is a programmable or not). If it is a programmable, and you can change the maps and such with your computer, you might be able to plug into it and have it tell you. If not, then you might have to call the manufacturer to see if they can tell you. See if you can go to the company's website and download a manual to tell you about it.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
LucklessPedestrian
Road Captain
Default RE: Twin Power EFI Fuel Calibrator-Questions

It is not programmable other than being able to make changes from lean to rich @ idle, cruise, full power. It is all done on the front of it. My searches have lead to 100's of online sellers of unit, but cannot find a mfg website. It appears fairly easy to use, but would like some instruction on how to make the changes, ignition on, running, etc. Below is a copy paste from one of the adds for the item I saw from an online retailer. I think I can probably figure it out...I'm sure I need to richen it up. I can't believe there's no information available on an item like this, that seems to be advertised and listed all overinternet, probably a private label item for the dealers that's made by dynatec etc.

Copy/paste===> Fine-tune the fuel/air mixture of your Electronic Fuel Injection to match any engine performance modification with the Twin Power E.F.I. Calibrator. Just plug it in to the stock harness, adjust and ride, all within five minutes! No laptop or harness tampering required and the E.F.I. Calibrator is fully compatible with the stock ECU. The E.F.I. Calibrator is pre-programmed with 2 starting-point maps for mild (new pipe and air cleaner) and wild (“mild” plus cam and head modifications) Harley-Davidson® modifications. This easy-to-use device divides the entire power curve into three parts: idle, cruise and full power, allowing you to add or subtract fuel in each part. Adjustments are made based on Throttle Position Sensor not RPMs. The E.F.I. Calibrator allows you to adapt to one modification on top of another, giving you the ultimate in precise, custom power. If you go too far you can always back up, or a specified button combination will bring you back to either starting point. And if you want to go back to stock, just un-plug it. A specific E.F.I. Calibrator model is available for each fuel injected Harley-Davidson®, including the V-Rod™. If you have changed your air cleaner, exhaust or made other engine modifications, it’s likely your bike is running a little lean. Fix it with the Twin Power E.F.I. Calibrator. • Built-in microprocessor • Fully adjustable fuel curve via 6 buttons to optimize fuel mixture • Fully sealed for durability and reliability • Provides crisper throttle response and increased horsepower<<