Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

I need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
damnitj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advice

Can someone tell me what kind of noise a motor makes when it is running lean? I have the backfire on quick de-cel, but still need to know if what I am hearing is lean or just V twin rattle, what ever that is? By the way how does back pressure affect fuel injection?

Old 03-05-2008, 07:15 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: I need advice

There is always some backfire upon decceleration at some point with any bike whether it is well tuned or not. Backfiring will not hurt your injectors or the throttle body. There is so much more air entering the engine than explosive backfire that it will keep things cool and the back pressure is normal with any engine. Your injectors are designed to withstand some abuse. If the engine is running too lean you will be able to tell right away by the heat and increase in backfiring.

Back pressure is a product and or by-product of the pumping action of the engine. You need a certain amount of back pressure to make the engine run efficiently and produce power at the same time. Your exhaust system will play a key role in controlling the back presssure of you engine. If you change the type of cam that you have in your engine, this will change the amount of back pressure that you haveand your exhaust system may have to be changed or modified to bring the motor back to running efficiently and producing power.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:23 PM
wydopn231
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need advice

first most backfire are in pipes not the chamber.no big deal.In the camber backfires are from lean.Pull your plugs if white shes lean.Install new set take her down the road rollinto the go grip and then hammer her.Clcik the ingintion coast to safe spot and pull a plug.Tans good white lean and black your wasting that liquid gold