Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Attn: all Crossbones Owners and future owners!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008 | 09:51 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer
Default Attn: all Crossbones Owners and future owners!!!!

Hey guys. Installed my Shortshots and Fuel Pak last night. Wanted to let all the Crossbones owners and future owners know that the added plugs, and Fuel Pak unit ***DOES NOT*** fit under the plastic that covers the battery and cpu. The problem is that the Bones has the two post bracket that holds the seat springs. The posts themselves are directly in the way of where one stoke wiring plug, and CPU are meant to sit. We tried for an hour or more. Cutting cable ties, making more room, and didn't even come close. The plastic does fit with post braket out. Tried that just to see the difference. There is no room under this thing.

So, here's what I'm gonna do. We're gonna cut an opening right above the Fuel Pak and the plug bundle so that it'll bolt on. I'm gonna get a nice peice of leather, and glue it down to the plastic and my friend is going to weave the same design as the tank strip along the sides to tie in the theme. That should give it plenty of room for the pieces to sit under the leather.

Man what a pain in the A$$... It does run beautifully, and sounds great at least. I'll take pics as soon as I get it all wrapped.

WG

Old 02-28-2008 | 11:17 AM
cruiser85257
Road Master
Default RE: Attn: all Crossbones Owners and future owners!!!!

Sounds like a SERT would have been a lot easier, probably the way to go for owners not as creative as you. Love to see those pics.

Old 02-28-2008 | 11:53 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Ok, made it work. The plastic piece has some spines that stick out to hold the battery in place. I cut these off to allow room for the Fuel Pak to sit directly on top of the battery filling the gap between the battery and the plastic cover. I also removed the CPU bracketing to allow the brain to move up slightly allowing the bundle of plugs to fit just under the stock plug. I velcroed the brain down about 1/2" up. The plastic pan fit right on with zero issues. If anyone needs help later, just PM me, and I'll help you out..

WG

Old 02-28-2008 | 11:54 AM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Why would it have been easier? Is there no extra plugs or unit? Now that I have it fit, it's actually a lot nicer than V&H instructions...

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

Sounds like a SERT would have been a lot easier, probably the way to go for owners not as creative as you. Love to see those pics.

Old 02-28-2008 | 01:03 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

The Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT), plugs temporarily into the Bikes ECU and allows you to change the fuel map. No piggyback devices to install. After you use it you simply unplug it.

Old 02-28-2008 | 02:39 PM
White Guy
|
Tourer

Ah, didn't know that. Didn't want to spend all the money on SERT, because I'm done with performance mods now and didn't want to spend an extra $300. Now that it fits, I'm stoked. It seems to run great, and isn't popping or doing anything funny at all. I'm gonna have it put on the dyno when I take it in for my first service, and see if V&H can titsy tune it any more.

ORIGINAL: cruiser85257

The Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT), plugs temporarily into the Bikes ECU and allows you to change the fuel map. No piggyback devices to install. After you use it you simply unplug it.