Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

No More Screamin Eagle Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006 | 09:34 PM
alazlo
|
Road Master
Default No More Screamin Eagle Exhaust

From the dealer show today.. Effective Memorial day Harley Davidson will no longer offer Screamin Eagle exhaust systems. Dealers will sell out their stock & it won't be replaced..
and you heard it here first..............

The smog police have moved into our neighborhood.....

Old 01-24-2006 | 09:55 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Default RE: No More Screamin Eagle Exhaust

they have been threatening that a long time. I am not surprised. It just means that the aftermarket eill rejoice.

Old 01-24-2006 | 10:09 PM
alazlo
|
Road Master

I see this as a bad omen. The 06 bikes have the catalytic converter and the EPA is making a move on the motorcycle community. I think I'll hang on to the stock pipes I took off my bike until I see how this shakes out.

Old 01-25-2006 | 02:08 AM
fl_799
Road Master

Hey, all our SE II's are now limited edition OEM performance exhaust systems!

Seriously, this is a very bad sign of things to come. Backing up inch by inch will eventually find you backed up against a wall sooner or later. Later might be sooner then expected.

BTW, There are no cats on 49 state models and from what I'm reading on this forum, few or no cat's reported on 06's from owners in the 'Peoples Republic of Kalifornia'. 07 might be a different story.

Old 01-25-2006 | 03:05 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

Where is this cat you speak of on the 06 models. I have had two 06 baggers now and have not noticed anything diffrent from previus models. If they have been on either one they must have been built into the muffler body?

KB

Old 01-25-2006 | 03:24 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

That explains why when I ordered my black baloney cut pipes their computer showed discontinued. And that was way back in October! Dealer had no idea whey but they found another dealer with them so they shipped them to me.

Old 01-25-2006 | 10:37 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master

I see the stock pipes going up in price as you can re-core them , there are places that currently do that now. Not a bad idea to hang onto your stockers

Old 01-25-2006 | 10:56 AM
Screamer
Road Captain

Bring on the V&H.

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:50 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

I'm keeping my stock exhaust just in case, but I don't see them testing bikes. I think this is more of a scare then anything. Think how many shops will be out of business because of this. That's to much money lost over the EPA Bs and bikes.

Old 01-25-2006 | 12:08 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

I never had possession of my stock mufflers. The dealer switched them out for the SEII slip-ons before I picked the bike up new. I never even thought to ask about the stock mufflers!

Anyway, now that I've changed out the SEIIs and the stock head pipe, I think that I will simply hold on the them for awhile. (I had considered selling them.)

Its a lot easier for the EPA to squeeze the manufacturer than it is to implement enforcement against the private owner of a single bike. I'm not too worried about having to suffer from regulatory testing of my bike's exhaust in order to keep it on the road - at least for the short term.

Quick Reply: No More Screamin Eagle Exhaust