Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

No More Screamin Eagle Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 12:33 PM
alazlo
|
Road Master
Default RE: No More Screamin Eagle Exhaust

ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

Where is this cat you speak of on the 06 models. I have had two 06 baggers now and have not noticed anything diffrent from previus models. If they have been on either one they must have been built into the muffler body?

KB
I should have said "some " have the catalytic converter. The converter is in the muffler. I believe the new Screamin Eagle Ultra has cats, as well as the new Dyna models. I'm not sure which others..

As far as individual enforcement, all they need to do in most Ohio counties is add motorcycles to the e check list. They will also bring pressure to the dealerships with threats of major fines for changing out stock exhaust systems. Individual enforcement is not that far off in the future.

Old 01-25-2006 | 01:54 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: alazlo

ORIGINAL: KBES BAGGER

Where is this cat you speak of on the 06 models. I have had two 06 baggers now and have not noticed anything diffrent from previus models. If they have been on either one they must have been built into the muffler body?

KB
I should have said "some " have the catalytic converter. The converter is in the muffler. I believe the new Screamin Eagle Ultra has cats, as well as the new Dyna models. I'm not sure which others..

As far as individual enforcement, all they need to do in most Ohio counties is add motorcycles to the e check list. They will also bring pressure to the dealerships with threats of major fines for changing out stock exhaust systems. Individual enforcement is not that far off in the future.
It's my understanding that all BT's except the dynas have cats. The Dynas don't need them because of the closed loop EFI>

Old 01-25-2006 | 07:03 PM
mhughes600
Cruiser

since v&h works so closely with harley,maybe v&h will rename and add the se's to their line up.
it's a shame the government has such vendetta for the motorcycling community.