Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

DD FAT CAT warranty sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DD FAT CAT warranty sucks

ORIGINAL: dirtpan
When i finished i noticed that the rear heat shield was scratched.
Seems to me that is your problem. How are they to know which customers are being honest about scratches after installation? If you had noticed the scratch before installing, I bet they would have taken care of it. I can't imagine very many places that would take parts back for scratches after it's been installed.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:37 AM
ToBeFrank
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PhilM
Can't say that I've ever heard anyone complain about not getting support from D&D.
Count me as one. Couldn't get the clamp to tighten the muffler down. Apparently they'll ship you a smaller clamp to take care of this. Called, no response. Emailed, no response. I ended up fixing it myself.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I did call on dirtpans pipe and I spoke withD&D to see what I could do. Once a pipe is installed and run how can the company be sure that it did not happen on install etc. And with the amount of pipes we buy from them and our customers that buy from us get taken care of provided that they inspect it within a reasonable amount of time.I bought a new tank from harley and left the protective coating on the tank installed the pump, and once I took it off there was a dent in the tank and the paint was mint. So the dent was in the tank before it was painted. I was out the money as I installed the tank without first checking it over . That is my fault had I read the info with the tank ( or pipe) it states that you need to check the parts over first before you install it.

And if you think we as a dealer we dont get screwed HA HA that is funny.

I am not trying to give you a hard time call D&D to see if I called to see if I could get you a heat sheild sent out. I did call them and they explained to me what the situation was. Sorry they are not going to replace your sheild.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 PM
theiceman
Advanced

here is a few free ones for all.

1-order from shooter64 a set of Fatcat with quiet baffles.price was the best anywhere period.great customer service and very curtious.

2-bart himself told me "any problems or issues with your pipes and i will take care of you personally."
nowthat'scustomer services period
will not hesitate to order from him again.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:06 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree and i will be ordereing one for myself from Bart very soon.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Welcome to D&D customer service.

ORIGINAL: WS6 Formula
When I installed my forward controls on my 2006 Low Rider I found that my original foot peg bracket was hitting the heat shield. It was clear when I installed it, but going through the gears the rubber mounted engine is moving enough to hit the heat shield.

I called Mark at D&D and he offered to sell me another heat shield for $80.00, apparently it is my fault that the pipes don't clear the original foot peg mount. Also the baffle that came with their exhaust set had some ripples and dents, they sent me another with less ripples and three dents. So the third one they sent me has more evenly spaced ripples and fine scratches.

Pictures below are whats on my bike now.....I'm done with D&D's customer service....Hope you have better luck then I have had. Oh yeah! one more thing, on their website they say their exhaust works with the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner map 141NX005A0.MT6, but the map does not exist and they know it. http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/01/49632b.htm

Old 03-07-2008, 07:25 PM
M59
Novice

Could not disagree more. Took delivery of a 2-1 fat cat about 4 weeks ago.Had a smallchrome imperfection on the mounting flange of the muffler. Called Mark at customer service about it. He had a FedEx pickup at my house the next day.It took a coupleweeks but, I got my new one. And yes I did mount the muffler,all be it for only 5 minutes. It was during the mounting process I noticed theimperfection - obvious manufacturing defect. Good guys at D&D.

Marty

Old 03-07-2008, 09:17 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update.
i snapped my muffler bracket the girl on the phone at D&D (only one not in daytona) had a new one on my doorstep in 2 days. kickass service in my opinion.