Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Lonshots vs. Big Shot Longs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 01:50 AM
JRAZ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lonshots vs. Big Shot Longs

Just came back from the dealer who installed Longshots on my new Deluxe. Bike performs well ( I already had Stage I, download and air filter done at delivery). They look great on the Deluxe and I think that they contribute to the nostalgic look but are very loud. I called V & H and they do not make a quiet baffle for the Longshots. I am going to talk with them again tomorrow and discuss the Longshot HS ( new product) and see if that comes with a quiet baffle. The Big Shots definitely have a quiet baffle option available, but they are over $200 more in price as well over the Longshots.

Old 04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
JRAZ
Cruiser

After much discussion with V & H support and my HD dealer I have finally deciphered the V & H compsrisons. So here goes- Besides the power chamber on the Big Shot Longs, ( MSRP $650) the other major difference is that the Heat Shield runs the entire length of the pipe with no seam in middle ( look much nicer). Big Shots can also have a quiet baffle option. Longshots (MSRP $400) are older versions, with heat shields only on manifold portion of pipe which means that discoloration can occur on rear pipe and you cannot change just the rear portion in the future. Also Longshots do not have a quiet baffle option. To confuse matters more, V & H now make a Longshots HS, (MSRP $550) which do not have crossovers, but do have full length heat shields and a quiet baffle option, but only have baloney cut tips. Hopefully, this will help others make their decisions.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 AM
johnp034
6th Gear

Had the same dilema with my 05' Heritage, Longshots vs. Bigshots, ordered the Longshots, ($311) then later that day, called & changed to Big shot Longs, ($474). For the looks I guess, don't like the seam on the heat shields on the Longshots. Not sure about performance, but we'll see. Should have em' in 2 weeks.