Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Freakin Vibration problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:37 PM
HD Attitude
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Freakin Vibration problems

Hate to bother anyone on Christmas....By the way ...MERRY CHRISTMAS !
But I took my bike in to get the front forks straightened out. They put some bars on the ground to see if it was straight. He said the engine might be crucked or out of line . Im like WHAT ?????? You just need to straighten the fairing and forks a little. loosen up the tripple tree and straighten it BUT NOOOOOOO.
Well got the bike from the dealership and now the right floorboard vibrates real bad. Anyone got an idea about this one.
I take it in and two things come out messed up. Im getting real tired of this.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:25 PM
tobyhd1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Freakin Vibration problems

We`re missing part of the story here.Why did you take your bike in to get to get the front forks"straightened out"? What was the issue with your front end,or the bike as a whole for that matter.Pulling,shaking,wearing out tires?Can`t make an educated guess if don`t know the story.Trying to help but need info.You said now have 2 problems but you only described the floorboard,what`s the other?Toby

Old 12-25-2007, 05:44 PM
HD Attitude
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tobyhd1

We`re missing part of the story here.Why did you take your bike in to get to get the front forks"straightened out"? What was the issue with your front end,or the bike as a whole for that matter.Pulling,shaking,wearing out tires?Can`t make an educated guess if don`t know the story.Trying to help but need info.You said now have 2 problems but you only described the floorboard,what`s the other?Toby
Good question. When i picked up the bike , the fairing was a little to the left...well the whole front end. Handle bars and all. I took it in and they straightened it right up. I had a little finder bender with a truck and they made repairs but the steering was off again just like before. I told them and i got an excuse. Second time they layed bars down to see if it was off or something. Said the engine might be out of line ????????? Yea OK ! I got the bike back and had a lot of vibration in the right floor board and the steering is still a little off and the bike still pulls to the left. The first time it went in the dealership, it was no problem to fix. Now it is for some reason. Im beginning to worry. Every time I take it in for repairs, its two more things coming out. Im really trying to keep a working relationship with the dealer but this is getting old. This bike is less than six months old. I thought you could let go of the handle bars and it would track true. All my other bikes have. When i let go with this one, it takes off to the left.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:14 PM
tobyhd1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bad was the fender bender?Did the forks get bent?Did it hit broadside on one side or the other?You should get this posted on the touring area.I`ve read on there that some say there bike pulls and some dont without ever having damage.It could be a bad front wheel,or maybe like you said the trees got tweaked.It`s a shame the dealer isn`t working with you on this.Do you have any skills to look into this yourself?Not to belittle you!If you don`t or can`t,you need to find a different dealer to look into this for you.I`m thinking the trees are tweaked,neck twisted or it could just be the fork tubes.If you can do the work yourself,send me a pm and we can try some ideas.Toby

Old 12-26-2007, 08:30 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An engine that is not properly aligned in the frame,can cause the bike to feel like it wants to pull to one side or the other. If that was a question, the dealership should have just bolted up thier alignment jig & checked it. It's not that difficult, if you have to proper tool & if they "fixed" the fender bender, this should have been addressed at that time.

As for vibration in the rt floodbd... check for clearence (or lack of) between the front head pipe & right floorbd brackets. Even if it "looks" clear at a stand still, remember the motors rocks quite a bit when it's running.