Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

V & H Quiet Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:00 AM
blackv03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V & H Quiet Baffles

I have V & H big shots staggered installed on my Dyna w/ an Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Kit. Scoot was jetted correctly for this set up. I replaced the stock V & H baffles with Big City Thunder Monster Baffles. I didn't change the jetting set up, but I noticed a huge increase in torque and "loudness" ... it was so loud that I grew tired of my ears ringing after I rode, so I bought a set of Quiet Baffles. This was the sound that I was looking for all along, deep, low, and rumbles just like a Harley should. I did notice tho, that when I crack the throttle, the response is NOT there anymore. I know just by looking at the baffles that they would be MORE restrictive, but now I'm wondering if I'm getting too much gas and its killing power. What is everyones experience with the Quiet Baffles? I've seen some say they got MORE torque, I'm surely getting less. I like the sound, but I'll be damned if my buddy on his little 1100 vstar is going to torch my *** in a drag race !!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 AM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V & H Quiet Baffles

sounds like you may have a jetting issue, any back fire when you crack the wick?

as far as running down the yammerhaw...forget it..that 1100 will wax yer stock v-twin everytime.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
blackv03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no backfire at all, but it does seem to "hesitate" ...

as for the 1100 waxing me, you are kidding right? lol He didn't before, and I'm damn well sure I don't want it to happen in the future !! you know how those metric guys are! haha

Old 12-07-2007, 02:36 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With the more back pressure of the quiet baffles it will richen the mixture. Hesitation is cause from lean and what you may be experiencing is too much fuel that gives the impression of hesitation. I refer to it as bog. Too rich will rob hp also. Check your spark plugs for info on which way to go
Ron