Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

dealer screw up! need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005 | 10:34 PM
bemisbunker
|
Novice
Default dealer screw up! need advice!

The dealer called, and said finally, my 06 ultra is done. I went up to the dealership to find they installed the cnc ported htcc heads and pistons not the high performance heads and the high compression forged pistons as we agreed previously. I looked at the screaming eagle race catalog and the way I read it, it says you need a htcc intake manifold for this set-up, and when I brought it to their attention, they said it didn't. I need HD Wrench, HIPPO, or some other tech guru to give me advice. I am pissed that they didn't do what they said, and those heads are 400.00 dollars more than the high performance heads, am I getting screwed or not?

Old 12-22-2005 | 11:02 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: dealer screw up! need advice!

Yes you are getting screwed. Do they remember you discussing this with them. I would not accept the bike if you know you had an agreement with them. I won't try to tell you what will work with what but obviously this is not what you wanted. Make them make it right.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-22-2005 | 11:04 PM
tfdeputydawg
Intermediate

Advice:
1. Speak with the service manager:
a. Why were different items installed than agreed on?
b. Will yo make it the way I asked it to be?
Don't get the right answers:
2. Ask to speak to the owner(s):
a. Ask the same questions.
Don't get the right answers:
a. BBB
b. Local TV station that has a trouble shooter segment on their news.

Old 12-22-2005 | 11:35 PM
Rodent
Road Master

What dealership in what state are we referring to, so anyone else can be cautious in case they go there for repairs or service?

Old 12-22-2005 | 11:46 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: bemisbunker

The dealer called, and said finally, my 06 ultra is done. I went up to the dealership to find they installed the cnc ported htcc heads and pistons not the high performance heads and the high compression forged pistons as we agreed previously. I looked at the screaming eagle race catalog and the way I read it, it says you need a htcc intake manifold for this set-up, and when I brought it to their attention, they said it didn't. I need HD Wrench, HIPPO, or some other tech guru to give me advice. I am pissed that they didn't do what they said, and those heads are 400.00 dollars more than the high performance heads, am I getting screwed or not?
Alright, you need to clear this up. The dealership installed the CNC HTTC heads correct? Part #16925-02A or 16934-02A(for silver highlighted)?? Plus the HTTC pistons?

What were they supposed to install? 16952-99B?? The regular SE performance heads?

The CNC HTTC heads dont need the HTTC D port intake manifold, the regular SE intake manifold is fine, its a round port.

Personally I would keep the CNC heads. For $1100 they perform pretty well assuming the cam is matched up with the static compression and your riding tastes. Woods TW-9BG or an S&S 625g is a great match with those heads.

Old 12-23-2005 | 01:38 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master

Another cam that I have used is the S&S 585 and it works well. With out adding a cam that will work well with that and say they suggest the 260 it will be a late building set up. You will need to keep the engine spooled up. A cnc head 260 cam SE slip ons and a cv 51 that we tested made 111 hp and 105 tq ?? Peak tq was at 4600. Pipes where stock head pipe , stock slip ons with the baffle punched out. Swapping in a thunder header did not really change the peak numbers but tq was up 7-9 lbs from 3500 to leveling at the 4600 point. So it did not really make more peak numbers but did increase the curve at a lower rpm. Cv 51 jetting is 48 pilot, and a 200 main with a SE adjustable ign. The bikes owner is a HD tech Hence all the SE parts.