Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

errr V&H big radius uses ONE o2 sensor??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
Default errr V&H big radius uses ONE o2 sensor??

Got back from picking up my bike this morning and riding all day... could smell burning rubber off and on throughout the day...

Got home to find the connector for the rear o2 sensor NOT plugged into the main harness and hanging close enough to the pipes to melt it into a glob of black plastic..
The o2 sensor is in the pipe though, as in, they transfered all the o2 equipment from my stock pipes to the V&H units.

Running all day with only the front o2 sensor hooked up CANT be good for my bike can it?! Why even install it into the pipe if you dont use it? You would think the pipe would come with a plug that you can remove or something instead of putting a 100 dollar o2 sensor in there just to plug the hole when i could have just kept it off the bike and save it as a spare...

Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Default RE: errr V&H big radius uses ONE o2 sensor??

Nevermind. Reread the online directions and it looks like the Dealer has fcuked up by not hooking it up and letting it melt. Looks like i get a new o2 sensor on monday!

Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Vinny133
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the pipes? I have the same on my bike. I love the look. Best looking pipes out there in my opinion. I must admit, after a month of riding with them, starting to loose some hearing in my right ear. Seriously thinking about getting some custom made ear plugs for long trips.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:36 AM
donk_316
Road Master

Hey man. Yeah i do love the look of em but to be truthfull in the begining i wasnt too fond of the swoopy look.

Did you feel that you lost some bottom end? My of idle torque seemed to have softened up a little.

It is loud, no need for custom ear plugs, any safety store will sell you generic ones in bulk for cheap. I use ones from the rig as i grab a handfull of em everytime im out there.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Vinny133
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure of the torque. I bought the bike with 1600 miles on it and it came with the pipes. Probably gonna put it in hibernation until the spring. When next season starts, I'm having it dyno tuned cause I'm getting terrible gas mileage. Not even getting 200 kms out a full tank. Runs great though.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:06 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

donk_316 : What happened to the SE slip ons you were going to use. Didn't think you could sneak on a different exhaust and me not notice?Loud you say? How much difference between them (big radius)and the V&H bigshot staggerds with quiet baffles in sound level?
Ron

Old 12-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Hydraboss
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had to bump this thread.

Donk/Vinny,

I'm seriously looking into taking my Street Glide out of Stock Hell, and after searching around, got a hard on for the BR 2 into 2 for tourers. Want to do the BR, A/N Big Sucker, and the FuelPak. When you say "loud" are you talking "they'll hear you coming" or "they'll call the cops"?

I know some say the BR look stupid on a bagger, so it's a good thing they won't own my bike. The looks are my business, I just don't want the sound levels to be the neighbours/cops business. By the way, I'm just south of Edmonton and none of my friends have had any noise complaints on their rides with pipes like Long Shots so I'm curious if you would call them "a little louder" or "a whole lot louder" than exhaust like that (if you know).

Thanks,
Greg

Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 AM
donk_316
Road Master

rbabos - still have the slip ons cause they wont "fit" a 2008 but they fit 2000-2006 and maybe a 2007. Although they will physically bolt on to a 2008, the crossover is on the header pipes on the newer bikes where the older bikes had the crossover on the mufflers... So if you block those off they would be fine.

The pipesare loud. Like, set off car alarms loud. **** off people at crosswalks loud.

As far as the "softness" at the low end was concerned, that has disappeared now and the bike is as crisp off idle as it was before. Might have taken the bike a few rides to relearn what to do. Dunno but its fine again.