Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bub 7 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bub 7 Exhaust

Ok ,I'm ready to get the stock exhaust off my 08 SG. I'm stuck on True Duals and I'm checking out the new Bub 7s that are available in pure True Dual or True Dual with crossover. They claim that the TDs without the crossover provide dramatic HP increase (w highflow) losing the flat midrange while maintaining torque at the low end. I would assume that the version with crossover provides even better performance but I'm not sure if it's noticable, therefore would choose the pure TDs to reduce heat.

As far as sound they aren't as loud (at 96db) as typical Reinharts that are rated around 102db but claim to have a deeper rumbling sound, and will bark when opened up.Which is fine for me since I want to be able to hear the radio, I don't want to worry about tickets, and plus I think I'm going deaf in my right ear (from loud music) and I don't want to contribute to the problem although bagger pipes pump sound out the rear.

Has anyone heard or installed Bub 7 pipes that can comment or confirm what I've read?

Old 10-24-2007, 05:48 AM
radridd
Tourer
Default RE: Bub 7 Exhaust

I have them (TD's) and they replaced rineharts. All of your statements are true.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: radridd

I have them (TD's) and they replaced rineharts. All of your statements are true.
Bub7
Bub 7
Bub 7 Exhaust

How would you compare them in terms of loudness to stock pipes? Are they just slightly louder or significantly louder?

Do they have the nice deep sound that they claim they have?

Are you happy with them or do you wish they were louder?

Thanks

Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM
radridd
Tourer

They are significantly louder than stock and "slightly" quieter than rineharts. They have a deeper note than the rineharts and are less raspy. I love the sound just loud enough. Although my neighbor still disagrees. Oh well his super duty diesel with bull dog exhaust,warming up irritates me (not really), which I complained back to him. Doesn't hassle me any more. My point, bikes are not the only things that make noise. [sm=deal.gif]

Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Jsans
Tourer

Rad do you have the Bub 7s with the crossover pipe?

Old 10-26-2007, 06:04 AM
radridd
Tourer

True Duals

Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be careful installing the Bub Seven on a stock/semi-stock motor. The diameter starts at 1 7/8" inches and steps up from there. The Bub will probably perform best with big, free flowing motors.
I'd guess you'll loose torque on the low side with Bub on lightly modified motor.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gunnert

I'd be careful installing the Bub Seven on a stock/semi-stock motor. The diameter starts at 1 7/8" inches and steps up from there. The Bub will probably perform best with big, free flowing motors.
I'd guess you'll loose torque on the low side with Bub on lightly modified motor.
This is a stock motor, Rad are you running stock and have you noticed any loss of low end torque?

Also wondering if the B7s TDs with the crossover pipe will compensate for any loss caused by the larger diameter.

Geez, I thought I found the pipes I wanted, but there's always a catch with pipes.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:18 AM
VooDooChile
Advanced

Buying pipes is like walking into the cereal isle at your local supermarket.....OVERWHELMING !!!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:39 AM
radridd
Tourer

My bike is a stock 07 SG with SE AC and PCIII. I have run the rineharts with stock and quite baffles on my bike and the bub 7s perform better to me. But then again I am not a dyno groupie. If you want the best performance possible buy a good 2 into 1. I wanted a true dual for looks and to eliminate heat from crossover. I am willing to sacrifice a little low end for the true dual look.If I was going the crossover route I would keep my stock pipes and buy some slipons.
Jsans, I know how you feel. I spent $1000 on my rineharts with extra baffles, fiberglass, billet tips to get the looks, sound and performance I wanted. There are 1000's of people who love theirs straight out of the box. Idid not but, I really like these 7's.

Quick Reply: Bub 7 Exhaust