Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bub 7 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Canedog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bub 7 Exhaust

When installins the Bub 7 True Duals - No Cross over what is needed as far as concerned with the fuel system? What all will I have to do to get my 07 SG ready to go once I get the pipes, other than just install the pipes themseleves? Do I needed fuel injection work? Do I need Dyno? I am a old carb guy this fuel injection junk is way over my head. Thanks for any help.
Dog

Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Canedog

When installins the Bub 7 True Duals - No Cross over what is needed as far as concerned with the fuel system? What all will I have to do to get my 07 SG ready to go once I get the pipes, other than just install the pipes themseleves? Do I needed fuel injection work? Do I need Dyno? I am a old carb guy this fuel injection junk is way over my head. Thanks for any help.
Dog
To complete the stage one upgrade you will need to manage your fuel injection system by attaching a tuning device such as Power Commander, Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, or Fuel Pack. After you add a high flow air cleaner, you will need to remap the ECM through the use of one of these tuners. This will add horsepower, torque, reduced heat, etc., etc.

Based on the configuration that you choose you can select a canned map or try and squeeze more out on a DYNO.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM
usaborn_01
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also add Thundermax w/autotune as an option, but at a higher price than the others. The price difference to me was worth it due to the autotune and the good email and telephone support I've had from Shooter64 (on this forum that I purchased from) and Zippers has also been there for me with friendly support.

Now for Bub 7's. I have a 2007 Ultra with S/E a/c, Rush slip ons, Thundermax w/autotune. The other Bub's that I've got in the quandry of possible headpipe options is the Bub Crossdresser II's. I don't know how different they are compared to the 7's with or without the crossover. I what seems to be a good price on the Crossdresser II's, but then I saw the Bub 7's and had the same questions about losing low end torque and power. Per Zippers tech, he says the Tmax will make up for any noticeable loss without the crossover of stock headpipes, which I assume would be the same for going with either Bub style minus the crossover? I looked also at Rinehart, but the shop I was at showed me that the head pipe is larger than stock Harley and the slip ons made to fit stock wouldn't work with the RH's. I'd like to keep my Rush's and just do head pipes.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: usaborn_01

I'd also add Thundermax w/autotune as an option, but at a higher price than the others. The price difference to me was worth it due to the autotune and the good email and telephone support I've had from Shooter64 (on this forum that I purchased from) and Zippers has also been there for me with friendly support.

Now for Bub 7's. I have a 2007 Ultra with S/E a/c, Rush slip ons, Thundermax w/autotune. The other Bub's that I've got in the quandry of possible headpipe options is the Bub Crossdresser II's. I don't know how different they are compared to the 7's with or without the crossover. I what seems to be a good price on the Crossdresser II's, but then I saw the Bub 7's and had the same questions about losing low end torque and power. Per Zippers tech, he says the Tmax will make up for any noticeable loss without the crossover of stock headpipes, which I assume would be the same for going with either Bub style minus the crossover? I looked also at Rinehart, but the shop I was at showed me that the head pipe is larger than stock Harley and the slip ons made to fit stock wouldn't work with the RH's. I'd like to keep my Rush's and just do head pipes.
Did you check out Vance/Hines, they make some good headers that come without mufflers.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 AM
usaborn_01
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't check VH's much yet, since somewhere, someone, not sure where I heard or saw it(?) I came across something stating that there might be clearance issues getting the after market closed loop O2 sensors in between the pipe and the jugs on VH's. It may have been on Thundermax's literature, not sure. I've seen some good pricing on VH's but was leary about the above issue and it seemed like Rineharts were the hot item(or Bub's by Rinehart). Have to see what others have gone with and had good results.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Canedog
Cruiser

Does anyone know of a shop in the Atlanta / North Ga area that would do a complete install of the Bub 7's and the fuel injection work. Such as the mapping, dyno what ever is needed. I had rather stay away from a dealer because of the high dollar shop fee's. I had rather go to a good Mom / Pop shop ....
Dog