Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Dave Mackie cams? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:48 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Been on this site for 2 1/2 yrs, might have heard Mackie cams mentioned 2 times. So they cant be that popular. The top cams that keep popping up over and over are WOODS, HEADQUARTERS, and ANDREWS. Me, im a WOODS man to the bone!

Last edited by hpfatboy; 04-06-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Dave Mackie is a great guy who will give you the straight story, his shop is fairly close to me and I have spoken to him and he is now supposed to have install available to his customers. Before he just sent his parts out, no provisions for installation. He was my first choice to do my motor and I was talked into a magazine test of SE parts for V-Twin. I am happy with my motor but very unhappy with the shop that did my install. I would use him in an instant if the need arises. He is a no BS guy .

Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 PM
skyhook
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just 'cause we don't hear a company advertised everyday on the forums doesn't mean they don't know their stuff...i found an unknown guy in northwest florida who ported some heads and shortened some cylinders for me...and his stuff was really good...the best wrench in my hometown in florida was from california and mackie was all he pushed

Old 04-07-2010, 08:32 AM
DOUBLE-D-LOWRIDER
Advanced

I looked very close at the woods tw6 and the andrews 37 & 26 the mackie 510 specs: Look close to the woods, i have to say there great for a bolt
in cam....verrrrrrrrryyy happy...you twist, they pull....

Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
Been on this site for 2 1/2 yrs, might have heard Mackie cams mentioned 2 times. So they cant be that popular. The top cams that keep popping up over and over are WOODS, HEADQUARTERS, and ANDREWS. Me, im a WOODS man to the bone!
I don't know about Dave's 510s but my 95" Mackie Megasphere kit with his 590s is really unpopular with my buds. They can't catch it. Dave is an old drag racer, holds a few records and is really well respected by guys in the know. His headwork is truly beautiful. The most savvy Harley motor builder in this area turned me on to Mackie's stuff. If you call him he'll probably talk to you and recommend what's best for you.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:37 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SEDELUXE
the dm cams are a pretty good cam designed to do what it was ment for. its a mild cam compared to a lot of other cams on the market.
its no match compared to a wood tw6 cam but also the wood cam is more expensive.
other cams to consider are the 37 ,T-man 525
SEDELUXE, what compression does the T-man 525 cam like best?

Does it work in stock compression 2009 96" motors? or is a 4* adv key needed to preserve low-end TQ?

Thanks,

Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 AM
franksalca
Stage II
Default don't hate dave

shut up and listen thats what i did you know nothing. 08 nightster dave dosn't make parts for the four cam recomended se racing parts sent to him did his magic. take hybusa till 100mph no fairing. nitrous bikes dead once bottles out or blow up. o7 dyna mega sphere package all dave leave so hard till read line people don't even bother leaving after reving their motors till green. you won't want to ride near me the compression gets in your brain. must do suspension or bike will just twist so much torque scary in traffic she good girl allways holds idel and cool let out clutch let her grab ease out then full throtal bang bang bang

Last edited by franksalca; 10-31-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmmm,
Bashing a 6 month old post.

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Red face

Originally Posted by Dalton
Hmmmm,
Bashing a 6 month old post.

Welcome to the Forum.
Troll alert!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:47 AM
franksalca
Stage II
Default thanks for the welcome

most schmucks mix parts like their macking rufies. tell dave what you want i wanted as much torque down low as posable take me to redline thats what i got you just do not want a large # for a blipp 100 hp you want volosity so it rev quick gets you out of coners quick. also clay every engine. if that leaves a ? in your head you should defintly call dave
wanna race that rollin couch mister

Quick Reply: Dave Mackie cams? Opinions?