Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

TC88- Largest Ci without case Grind?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Keener
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TC88- Largest Ci without case Grind?

Am I correct that the largest Ci you can push a TC 88, without stroking (and grinding the case down) is a regular 95ci kit? I have seen a 98ci I believe, but most popular seems to bethe 95in kit.

AND...If I am going to get something like the following, new jugs (everybody likes a new pair of jugs...) pistons, do the cams, 2 into 1 exhaust, PCIII, might as well thow in ported heads. Why not...*sigh*

If a guy is going to spend close to a few grand, does a $1000 or more seem justified, and just make it a 103, 107, 113????

I am just lookig to be able to kick 'r down everyonce in a while, and scare the schat out of myself. Does going all out seem the way to go, or just throwing a 95" kit sound like what I am after. I have a fully dressed 05 Ultra, Stock now-

Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TC88- Largest Ci without case Grind?

I think S&S has a 100 CI kit that dosnt need case boring.

I would nix the PC III for a thunder max or SERT with HQ auto tune.

If you love you bike, then no expience is too much. a decent 95 kit will yeild 100 to 110 lbs of usible torque, the 113 will yeild an effortless 130 lbs, thats what I call "*****"!

I have a 10.1 95 in thats a full HQ build in my Dyna, its a nice ride, had has great roll on torque that dosent seem like it is ever breaking a sweat. I would say that if my engine was in a Ultra it would not be as fun as it is in the Dyna but a helluva lot friskyer than my dads stock Electra Glide.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Keener
Tourer

Thanks for the good word mentor70.

How about this for a question got HDF... Is anyone satisfied with their bikes power, or do we always want just a bit more...

I got a great deal on my Ultra, and have the $$ for teh upgrades, but just wondering if the extra expense is worththe extra power. Damn, Icould do all that, and throw a blower on there, but is the $$ worth the snap?

Any other opinions out there would be appreciated. I have read hundreds of posts about different combos with heads, ignition, pipes etc.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Keener

Thanks for the good word mentor70.

How about this for a question got HDF... Is anyone satisfied with their bikes power, or do we always want just a bit more...

I got a great deal on my Ultra, and have the $$ for teh upgrades, but just wondering if the extra expense is worththe extra power. Damn, Icould do all that, and throw a blower on there, but is the $$ worth the snap?

Any other opinions out there would be appreciated. I have read hundreds of posts about different combos with heads, ignition, pipes etc.

I know I was happy with my build but I'm always wanting more, more ,more[sm=escape.gif]

Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
mentor70
Road Warrior

About ten years ago I could never quite make the connection between bigpower and the harsh realities of pump gas!

I spend 12K on a 500 BB Mopar and did some math wrong and ended up with a 11.5 engine that didnt like 91 oct. needless to say it was a bigger disapointment than the warmed up 440 six pack it replaced!

every day i kick myself in the *** for all the $$$ I pissed away on that deal!

To summerize, be realistic on what you want to do with the bike, and build it to run on the gas you will use every day, and shoot for a design that gives you the broadest power range possible and the biggest window of timming adjustment you can find, you will not have a "peek HP" dyno queen, but you will get around real quickly!

Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

For me, the HQ 95" on my '04 EG will be plenty. With a good SERT tune it will pick up the front wheel when shifting first to second--that's all the scare I need. Very reliable and dependable; 45 mpg. And an easy 100/100 build even with Rinehart TD's, more with a Fatcat 2 into 1.

I would second Mentor on the SERT. The HQ 95" will come with a SERT map to load that is very close to optimal for the build so you can build it and ride it right away.

Besides, when you go to the 103, 113, etc., then you start paying $$$ for heavy duty clutch, crank shaft, machining the case, new cylinders (if you want the 113), etc. on our little ol' 88s.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Pingman:

Is is safe to say that you would recommend the HQ 95 kit?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: mentor70

...the harsh realities of pump gas!
I spent 12K on a 500 BB Mopar and did some math wrong and ended up with a 11.5 engine that didnt like 91 oct. needless to say it was a bigger disapointment than the warmed up 440 six pack it replaced!...
Didn't anybody suggest going to thepaint store and get a 5 gallon can of toluene (or xylene)?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Great Suggestion considering your Log in Name

YRMV

Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
bigjohn1percenter
Tourer

head quarters 98 kit is the best way to go if your not wanting to go into the bottom end......................

Quick Reply: TC88- Largest Ci without case Grind?