Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SE exhaust clarification & mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:04 PM
ptschuma
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE exhaust clarification & mods?

I have a 97 FLSTS, that I just bought used. It needed a better exhaust and I found a cheap pair of SE slashcut pipes off ebay with part # 64900-99. These have the off road only sticker on the box, but do not have HD or Screamin eagle stamped on the pipes like some do. They are 1 piece design without a separate end cap. There is no baffle screw to remove so I assume you can't take the baffle out unless I'm missing something. There are 2 welds holding a plate to the pipes that you can see 2 inner pipes. I was told these are the SE pipes and not SEII because the II's have the screws for easy removal of the baffles. But they are definitely louder than stock and louder than punched out stock pipes. So I'm wondering if these are the SEIIs and just don't know enough about them.I was also told the SE's did not have the sticker stating for off road only, but these do.
And the other question is if I can't remove the baffles, can they still be modified? I remember something about bending down a tab inside one of the baffles to make it louder, but would like more info on that before I do anything to them.
Thanks