Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

S&S E Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 AM
greezymonkee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&S E Questions

Hi All,

I've searched a bit, but had a question....

Presently, the carb backfires through the carb under constant acceleration, unless, I pull up a little on the enrichment button.

If I had an intake leak, would increasing enrichment mask this?

Does an intake leak show up in compression test?

Where else could I have a leak at? It seems worse under load (uphill, constant accelleration).

Is it safe to use "quick start" to check the intake seal? (as in spraying around the intake manifold to see if there's a leak?)

I'm at .74 on a stock EVO and over 2 turns out on the mix screw. It seems to want an even larger jet even though my jetting guide says the range only should go to .76. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

GM

Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 PM
swipter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: S&S E Questions

On my Indian with an S&S E carb, I had an intake leak. I had some carbon build up on one side which was very evident for the intake leak.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Kingofcubes
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: S&S E Questions

Spray the intake manifold with the bike running with brake cleaner and see if the rpm changes.What ignition? We turn theaccerator pump off, turn the idle mix screw in till it wants to stall, out till it wants to stall, and set it in the middle then turn the bike off and count turns. We like to see 1-1/2 turns out and change the intermediate to get this. Then reset the accel pump and go to the main jet. What do your plugs look like. If your 2 turns out your jet may be too small. Hope this helps