Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Screaming Eagle Slip-on Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM
JAGCWO
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle Slip-on Pipes

Help.

When I purchased my 2006 Ultra Classic, I had Screaming Eagle slip-on pipes installed with a stage 1 kit and a down load. The baffles keep breaking on the pipes and I am on my 2nd set of pipes. The dealer is asking me to consider another brand.

The dealer has been great and has warranteed each set and will warrantee the third set. However, I am struggling because it does not make sense that they keep breaking and I just have not found another set that has the sound that I am looking for.

What I am interested in finding out is if this is a known problem with these pipes? Also, are there another set of pipes out there that are very similar.

Thanks.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:59 PM
MCGILVRAYFLHXI
Intermediate
Default RE: Screaming Eagle Slip-on Pipes

yes
I just talked to them about this the said that thay are for racing and not the street. you are lucky the warrented your pipes mine just broke this weekend and they said they would not warrenty the pipes so i just rewelded them.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Obviously, the SE mufflers are cheap junk. The aftermarket makes tons of slip-ons of better quality, and nowadays some are not so loud.
Go to a bike night or some gathering like that and listen to the bikes til you hear one you like.
Joe Minton in American Rider mag has always said the Kerker slipons with the Mikuni baffles are not obnoxiously loud and make great power.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
DanB
Tourer

I just recently changed my stock 07 SE Ultra pipes out for D and D at my dealer's service managers suggestion. I told him I didn't want something so loud that I could not hear the radio, and my wife was upet at the thought of changing for true duals, and loud pipes to begin with. So, he suggested the D and D's. They are slip on's. Sound great, rather throaty, some popping when you back off..really sounds good. I have a PCIII on board, so they were able to dyno the bike and match the pipes to the bike.

The idea of 2 into 1, etc is also good..but louder than you may want.

Just my 2cents.

DanB

Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Timely post. Had an SE-llbaffle break on my weekend road trip. Was going to replace it with another, but now will find something other than the SE.